PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 hand

kgrad5
07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

comments?

dac
07-16-2004, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't 3 bet with 55 in the SB. Remenber that you are first in after the flop and your hand is only playable if you hit another 5 (or a wheel draw). When you get raised you should fold as fast as possible, this guy can have you beat in so many ways and you have very few cards that will make your hand a winner.

Nate tha' Great
07-16-2004, 06:52 AM
The thing is, if you're going to 3-bet with 55 out of position, you need to have a pretty good idea of the strength of your opponent's likely range of holdings. That becomes pretty important on a flop like this one (J42 rainbow), which is generally a pretty good one for your hand (just one face card, no ace or king, not coordinated). Your call does not indicate to me that you have a real good idea of where you're at; although there are times when you do need to call down with your small pair, those times are few and far between, as this is usually a raise-fold situation.

In this case, with your having 3-bet a player all the way across the table from the SB, I think he is going to be inclined, by and large, to give you credit for a stronger hand than you actually hold (a fact which is confirmed by his just calling preflop). That's actually bad news for you, since it means that he is going to need a relatively stronger hand to raise you: either something containing a J or very possibly 88-TT (there aren't any real semibluffs here). Since you don't have the odds to draw to a 5, the only way to win the pot is to push him off his hand, which requires a 3-bet. If he caps, you can probably give up your hand right there, since among other things, the cap virtually ensures that you guys are seeing a showdown. If he just calls, you need to lead out on *any* turn card and fold to a raise. If he calls the turn too, I'd probably bet out a scary looking card on the river (again folding to a raise), and check-call a blank.

sin808
07-16-2004, 07:14 AM
was I mp2 in this hand? looks familiar...

can't dig up the hh now to check (at work)...but if I'm right I had AKo here...

kgrad5
07-16-2004, 09:03 AM
i dont think it was you, you were sitting closer to me at the table.. it was AQo and mhwg, turn and river came rags I checked the river and he checked behind, i was pretty confident i was not up against an overpair so i decided to call this one down, i think three-betting with 55 was a bad move and i got lucky on this one, jalan got me with a good semibluff when i had the best hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif but i got him back with 45 suited when he had 55 heh, it was a fun night

Rico Suave
07-16-2004, 10:40 AM
At this table, I might consider smooth calling the raise, and c/r the turn when a card other than a A,K,or Q hits. But I tend to spray chips everywhere HU.

--Rico

sin808
07-16-2004, 12:00 PM
you're right..it was someone else w/ pocket 9's I tried to push off a pot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif