PDA

View Full Version : KOTZ hand

Gamblor
07-15-2004, 09:27 PM
2nd level, both relevant stacks are about at par.

Blinds are T15/T30
I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

eMarkM, a known blind thief and all round buffoon /images/graemlins/grin.gif makes it T75 to go from the cutoff. I call.

2 to the flop (T160): Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, eMark checks.

2 to the turn: (T160): (Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, eMark bets T100, I call.

2 to the river: (T360): (Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, eMark bets T300, I think and fold.

Mistakes abound. But where and why?

eMark is goot. I am not.

davidross
07-16-2004, 12:21 AM
I think you saved a lot more chips than I wouldd have. I would have made some stupid play on the turn and probably lost all my chips.

Marine139
07-16-2004, 04:33 AM
I dont think you made a horrible play. I think its doubtful that he had the flush but if he were deceptive enough I think where would be a pretty decent chance that he had slow played his queens on the flop. The pot odds and the implied odds *and even the effective odds on the flop* showed that you werent really getting enough edge to really call that 100 but it was deffinitly a good laydown by the river.

Marine

Gamblor
07-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I called the turn bet of T100 (getting T260:T100) with second pair, an overcard, and nut flush draw. I thought about raising, but I didn't want him to reraise big when I had a good redraw to the flush.

Preflop raise then check behind was scary, knowing that he knew that I was a 2+2er. Normally I'd expect him to bet the flop if he was stealing. Of course he probably was aware of that as well.

SossMan
07-16-2004, 11:38 AM
I would expect him to bet out on the flop if he had a Q or a pair > 7. I can only see him checking behind w/ AA/KK/77 or junk.

Gamblor
07-16-2004, 01:28 PM
I would expect him to bet out on the flop if he had a Q or a pair > 7. I can only see him checking behind w/ AA/KK/77 or junk.

So do you think I had the best hand by the river?

Should I have made a big move on the turn?

SossMan
07-16-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So do you think I had the best hand by the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have made a big move on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have.

eMarkM
07-16-2004, 10:15 PM
You played this hand very passively which is why I was able to steal it at the end. I'm raising from the cutoff, I could have anything. You have to put the stealer to the test here with the two pair. Just lead out on this kind of flop and your typical steal raiser is gone without a Q or a big pair. I checked behind the flop as this is what someone with a Q would likely do, so I'm glad to see that got inside your head /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I was planning on representing the Q with a raise if you led the turn with a weak bet.

But you check to me twice, and you're asking me to take it from you. Yeah, you can make your play on the turn and obviously I'm laying down in this case with 4 high. But just calling with the flush isn't terrible as of course I'm moving in on you if I have the Q. On the river I have to bet as I can't win without putting out a good sized bet to get you to fold. Here you induced a nice bluff from me and you had a good bluff catching 2 pair calling hand. I think you had an easy call on the end against an aggressive player like myself. I'm glad a heart didn't fall /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PokerStars Game #546985660: Tournament #1891972, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2004/07/15
- 21:21:00 (ET)
Table '1891972 1' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: Steeser (2235 in chips)
Seat 3: eMarkM (1405 in chips)
Seat 4: whiskeytown (1605 in chips)
Seat 5: jpg777 (1610 in chips)
Seat 6: Gamblor29 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: Wizdim (1350 in chips)
Seat 8: theR (2550 in chips)
Seat 9: Prevaricator (900 in chips)
jpg777: posts small blind 15
Gamblor29: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to eMarkM [4h 3h]
Wizdim: folds
theR: folds
Prevaricator: folds
Steeser: folds
eMarkM: raises 60 to 90
whiskeytown: folds
jpg777: folds
Gamblor29: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [Qh Qs 7s]
Gamblor29: checks
eMarkM: checks
*** TURN *** [Qh Qs 7s] [6h]
eMarkM: bets 120
Gamblor29: calls 120
*** RIVER *** [Qh Qs 7s 6h] [5s]
eMarkM: bets 300
Gamblor29: folds
eMarkM collected 435 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 435 | Rake 0
Board [Qh Qs 7s 6h 5s]
Seat 2: Steeser folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: eMarkM collected (435)
Seat 4: whiskeytown (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: jpg777 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Gamblor29 (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 7: Wizdim folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: theR folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Prevaricator folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Tosh
07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Well played Ed, abuse the weak tightness. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

fnurt
07-16-2004, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You played this hand very passively which is why I was able to steal it at the end.

On the river I have to bet as I can't win without putting out a good sized bet to get you to fold. Here you induced a nice bluff from me and you had a good bluff catching 2 pair calling hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice you have a straight? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

eMarkM
07-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Duh. Actually I did notice it when the hand was played. I didn't notice it recounting it. Obviously value betting there then /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gamblor
07-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Wow, did I get the bet sizes wrong.

I read your final bet as selling your hand, which is why I had to think so long. A bigger bet I'd have to put even more serious thought into. I am really unhappy with the way I played it and I totally deserved to lose that pot. I had intended to check-raise the flop large there but the check behind sent my nerves into overdrive.

I've been playing really passively on the turn and river recently in tournaments. It's really easy to take shots at pots on the flop even with TPTK, but then for some reason I get really passive the bigger the pot gets.

Any solutions?

Gamblor
07-17-2004, 06:25 PM
So it was the perfect laydown on the river!

Despite the obvious flop and turn mistakes.