PDA

View Full Version : Brier book question

03-06-2002, 02:31 PM
Situation: pre-flop you hold KJs and your in late position and you get 3 limpers to you.

C&B say to call.

I would raise here everytime. The only hand I am scared of is KQ. Every other hand that has me dominated would have raised pre-flop. There are a few guys that limp pre-flop with AJo and AQo in my game, but not many. Plus, your suited and it looks like its going to be 5 way action if you get one blind. Not to mention your raise likely buys you the "Tommy Angelo free-card" in the future for your over-cards, straight draw, or flush draw.

I think not raising here is throwing away a TON of equity in this hand. Is there anybody else out there that doesnt raise with KJs after limpers?

Personally, I would also raise with KQo/KJo/KTs/QJs/JTs/A8s here, but then I love late position raises.

03-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Curious, in middle limit games a lot of players limp in with AJ and KQ. Many players won't raise with AQ or even AK if several players have limped in. They reason that their raise will not eliminate enough players at that point to make raising profitable. So your KJ can be dominated especially when there are a lot of players.

Furthermore, your suited one-gapper begs for multi-handed action so why drive out the remaining players by raising? Just limp in and encourage a volume pot.

03-06-2002, 04:03 PM
In the game I play in, there are players who limp with A-J and K-Q, but they also limp with a lot of other weaker hands, so I also tend to raise in late position if I'm going to play a hand like K-Js. This is especially the case if I'm not on the button and want to "buy" it.