PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's staying

M2d
07-15-2004, 05:41 PM
I think I can speak for all the lakers fans here (both of us, maybe three if I create another screen name): Whew...maybe...maybe not.

nolanfan34
07-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Good buddy of mine from my old workplace didn't even want to talk about this today. He was too nervous that Kobe would leave.

Either way, without a center, which they don't have right now, they can't compete with the top teams in the west. No way.

M2d
07-15-2004, 05:52 PM
How about dampier in a sign and trade from the warriors? maybe get rid of some of their backlog of slashers who can't create on their own? If any team would go for that it'd be golden state.

SossMan
07-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi...so you're the other laker fan, huh?

*loud exhale*

nolanfan34
07-15-2004, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about dampier in a sign and trade from the warriors? maybe get rid of some of their backlog of slashers who can't create on their own? If any team would go for that it'd be golden state.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I told my friend - get ready for Dampier as your center next year.

And I completely agree with Bill Simmons column yesterday on the Shaq trade. Whoever gets Dampier better get ready for an Olowakandi-tastic season from him after signing that big contract.

Ed I
07-15-2004, 06:20 PM
This LA raised non fan is sad. I was looking forward to the complete dismantling of the Lakers. I guess I shouldn't complain, this year turned out better than I hoped for.

How's your goal for strippers going? I'm off to Georgetown Lake now, red hot, Big sedges at nightfall make the fish completely silly. During the day the damsels provide as much action as one can stand.

andyfox
07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Of course he's staying. Got rid of the coach that cramped his style. Got rid of the center who was as big a star as he was. It's his team now. Where would he go? The Clippers? Let's be serious. He knows Dr. Buss is going to build the team around him. And that he'll spend whatever it takes to do so.

The Lakers will win another championship within the next three years.

M2d
07-15-2004, 06:40 PM
This non-LA raised fan is rooting hard...for the dodgers at the moment.
The weather and tides have been funky this year in the bay. the winds have been howling to the point that I can't even fish my conventional gear much. when the wind lays down, the big minus tides roll in and the bay gets to be chocolate milk-ish. The bass and halibut have shown up and the boat guys are nailing them, but they (and the kings that have recently shown) are bypassing a lot of the shoreline spots in favor of clearer water in the deeper middle bay or less-tidal influenced delta (the anadramous ones, the halibut are just deep and sulky) I have my fingers crossed for a great world series bite this year when the bass make their way back up stream, but it's been very hit and miss so far.

nolanfan34
07-15-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wanna bet on this? Who is Buss going to add? No impact players I can think of this year. If they trot the decaying Payton and Malone out there again next year, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

And of course if Kobe gets convicted, they have no chance.

Six_of_One
07-15-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I thought I was the overly optimistic Laker fan on this board /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, I think it's possible that you're right, but there are so many things that need to go their way that I wouldn't be able to make that statement with such confidence. If Kobe gets acquitted...if they can get a serviceable center...if Odom can build on last season's performance...if Butler turns out not to be a scrub...

andyfox
07-16-2004, 02:09 AM
He's got a great impact player already.

My sense is there's no way Kobe gets convicted. He's up against the keystone kops who have a weak case.

The Armchair
07-22-2004, 09:45 AM
here's an interesting take
Link! (http://www.techcentralstation.com/072204E.html)