PDA

View Full Version : Caller comes alive on the river to what I consider a duck.

Neuge
07-15-2004, 04:50 PM
I have browsed these forums on and off for about 5 months, but this is my first post so bear with me.

I play mostly B&M live 3-6 games, with the occasional 4-8 game. This table was very passive. So much so that 3-4 hands/hour get folded back to the BB. A limper could easily have a small pocket pair/Ax/Kx or any two suited cards. Villian calls with any pair and a decent flush/straight draw. He only raises with what he believes to be the best hand, but more often than not he's even wrong about that. This is how the hand played.

B&M 3/6 hold'em

Pre-flop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif , 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif , 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif , 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+1 calls, <font color="red"> MP2 raises </font> , MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero... ?

This river raise has me perplexed. Obviously I'm not folding here, but I'm not sure what the play is, especially at this table. Any suggestions? Criticism of the streets already played?

bisonbison
07-15-2004, 04:52 PM
3-bet. I'd probably call a 6-bet.

Rest of the hand is a beaut.

Neuge
07-15-2004, 05:25 PM
I ended up calling a 4-bet.

I would have pushed another but the chances of him holding a 3-3 scared me more than it probably should have. But it was a very likely limping hand for him. Is that thinking costing me a couple bets?