PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

03-06-2002, 04:47 AM
I have a question which SHOULD be easy to answer but I wouldnt be surprised to see many different answers. Give me an example of someone who plays TOO tight in early position. I mean types of plays that are too tight preflop in a middle limit holdem game. At what point do you say that someone is doing something wrong? I know there is debate over whether AJo or KQo should be played UTG, so I assume those are marginal enough not to be terrible hands to fold.

03-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Mckie,

Anyone who folds AQ offsuit UTG in almost any limit game is playing too tight. Yet I've never met anyone who I'm sure plays that tight. Yet we constantly have poker problems where an opponent not raising or even playing AQ UTG is an assumption made for the problem.

Regards,

Rick

03-06-2002, 06:09 AM
People not playing enough small pocket pairs in early position in LOOSE PASSIVE GAMES. I usually don't play 6's, and often won't play 7's UTG, but in loose passive games, I think that standards can be dropped, and often some players won't do so.

Josh

03-06-2002, 04:44 PM
I once sat with a guy who called UTG with AA and KK EVERY TIME. I asked him what he was thinking, and he told me that he was in bad position.

I think that's too tight for MANY reasons.

If your friends greet you with: "come outside after you fold this hand" - you're playing too tight."

~D

03-09-2002, 08:05 AM
"come outside after you fold this hand"...did you hear that one from me? If I'm sweating somebody, I'll often say "Stand up after you fold this hand"....Don't know why I do it...it's usually said to Sooga, cuz he is too tight (he doesn't limp with KK UTG...he mucks it!! ha ha)

josh

03-12-2002, 05:24 PM
"come outside after you fold this hand"...did you hear that one from me?

Absolutely.

The KK limper isn't him, though - it's another guy I played with.

~D