PDA

View Full Version : Monster Munch

naphand
07-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I think stripsqueeze has to take the blame for this, with his damnable "monster checks" thread.

UTG is a bit loose PF, calls too easily. His raises are infrequent, and probably legitimate. He is not stupid, he is reasonable post-flop, most players at the table will bet into a player showing no aggression, sooner or later.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Naphand calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Naphand checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Naphand checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Naphand calls.

River: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Naphand checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Naphand calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.25 BB, between Naphand and UTG.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Naphand shows Tc As (one pair, tens).
UTG shows Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 6.25 BB. </font>

Anyone call else this down? I feel I should have bet the Turn and folded to a raise... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Guido
07-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Call me weak but I fold this preflop after an UTG raise who seems decent.

Guido

tripdad
07-15-2004, 06:25 PM
i play it just as you did. he'll be on AK, AJ or some middle pair often enough. your opponent is a tricky little cuss for a $1/2 player. BTW, when are you moving up in stakes?

cheers!

naphand
07-15-2004, 07:04 PM
And this hand demonstrates why: PF I am hoping he's on a PP, and on the flop I hope its AK.

This should have been a fold PF. I think I called out of curiosity, saw the flop and still did not really want to play it. I was still trying to get a handle on him, as he made a lot of loose calls from the blinds. When I see a player doing that, quite often their raising standards are bizarre.

naphand
07-15-2004, 07:14 PM
I should be taking shots at $2/$4 within 2-3 weeks, probably UB and/or Stars. I'm being super-conservative with my bankroll and making sure my game stays solid. The plan is to keep the BR between 500-600 BB (I don't think this is necessary for $1/$2 as the games are just terrible everywhere, except UB which remains nit-ridden... /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and earn a buy-in for the next level, play that buy-in at one site, while also playing elsewhere on 500-600 BB BR limit. If all goes well at the new limit, I don't need any more buy-ins etc.

I'm playing around ( /images/graemlins/wink.gif) the sites, and keeping the "shots" separate from the BR, to avoid any off-the-meter tilty-chip-spew-fest like last time. Hee-hee. I like to this of this as discipline... /images/graemlins/mad.gif