PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else take this line?

spydog
07-15-2004, 02:43 PM
UTG is weak and usually sees the turn no matter what. SB is a decent, but not outstanding player.

With such a ragged flop, I feel I'm ahead of many hands the SB might bet with PF and I feel there is a good chance he feels compelled to bet this flop because of his PF action. Is this a flop fold with 4 people or am I justified with this line of attack, considering my position on the SB?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Aces McGee
07-15-2004, 02:51 PM
You say that UTG is weak, and often sees the turn. What's his aggression level? Would he raise top pair on the flop? Will he fold often on the turn?

-McGee

Smackdab
07-15-2004, 02:57 PM
You said the SB was a decent player. I have to ask myself here, what does a decent player raise with from the blinds?

Most certainly AA and KK. Possibly QQ. With 2 posters I would try to eliminate them with these hands. Maybe AK (suited or not), AQs and AJs.

Based on that read there are 3 hands you are ahead of and 3 which you are not. I like the raise on the flop to see where you may be at. Still a problem on the turn with the 10 hitting the board as SB may have been going for a checkraise on the turn with the big pocket pairs but now can't with possible trips on board. 4th 10 on the river still problematic for the SB since you may have represented an A10 with the flop raise. He's definitely in call down mode from the turn on.

I see nothing wrong with your play and am interested in the result. I give you 50/50 on winning this pot at showdown.

spydog
07-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Excellent analysis. He flipped KK and took the pot down.

spydog
07-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Weak passive. Hasn't shown any aggression and saw him call 2nd and 3rd pair down.

sthief09
07-15-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm a decent player and I raise a lot more than AA, KK, and "maybe" a few others. AA-TT, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ should all be automatic in this spot, suited or offsuit.

and you can't just say that 3 hands beat him, 3 hands don't beat him, so it's 50/50. out of a full deck, there's 16 ways to make any given unpaired hand and 6 ways to make a pair. given that the player showed no aggression at all, he's either terrible and not decent, or he doesn't have you beat.

Mr. Bayes, if he is dead, is rolling in his grave after reading this post /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bdk3clash
07-15-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a decent player and I raise a lot more than AA, KK, and "maybe" a few others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having played with SThief09, I can verify this statement to be true. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Smackdab
07-15-2004, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a decent player

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone besides yourself and your mom think so?

PokerNoob
07-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I like your flop raise. Even though the other players probably have odds to peel one off, they don't know what they are up against so they fold. I like the continued pressure on the turn, he might lay down a big ace or even an overpair here thinking you overlimped with AT, JTs, 66, 44 or something, but I doubt it. He's probably decided that there's enough chances you're pumping a flush draw combined with his six overcard outs or two boat outs to just call you down. When the river comes, I think the jig is up. If I'm him I can't put you on quads or AA. You're either betting your busted draw or your lower boat. However, I also must wonder if you will call a checkraise here without a ten or AA since I'm announcing a big pocket pair. The pot is huge so you'll probably crycall with any lower boat. I checkraise you with my KK. If I'm AK, I also call your river bet just in case your Ax spades pumping a draw and bluffing on the end.

bdk3clash
07-15-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a decent player

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either this post is missing a smiley, or you were being an [censored].

sfer
07-15-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what writing this accomplishes. He's right, any decent player will raise a much wider range of hands than you mention.

Also, I don't know about Mrs. Sthief09 but I think he's a decent player.