PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on a Friday night: Bellagio (4/8), Palms (4/8), Mirage (6/12)

MagicRat
07-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Will be getting into town the 23rd, ready to play around 10:00 at night. Which of these is the best bet for not having as long a wait (but still being a good game /images/graemlins/grin.gif) or are they all pretty fast?? Thanks...

TimTimSalabim
07-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Bellagio is famous for its long waits, particularly for lower limits. I don't know about the wait at Palms, but I just don't particularly like their room. Mirage is your best choice, I've always gotten a table at 6-12 fairly quick.

italianstang
07-15-2004, 04:11 PM
If you are going to play 4/8 you might as well play at the Bellagio, it is the nicest setting and the chairs are very comfortable. The floor people who read off the names on the list rifle through them with alarming speed. They will say "Scott" wait literally 3 seconds then "Bill" 3 more seconds and so on. This is very disturbing if you have been waiting on the board for a while and have to use the bathroom and miss your name BUT it also offers you the opportunity to get a table almost immidiaely. Simply wait around by the low limit counter/desk thing with the other pack of people and when they say a name ("Rupert! for 4-8") and no one answers for a few seconds you just pretend you werent paying attention and say "Did you call Rupert? I am Rupert" and voila, table. I feel that this is NOT unethical because Rupert was screwed anyway as he was probably in the bathroom or something. The whole thing sounds kind of funny/fishy but it works 100% of the time, or you can wait endlessly.

felson
07-15-2004, 04:25 PM
You're the reason I can never get a table! Dangit.

Sincerely,
Rupert