PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, just how bad is this?

07-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, MP1 folds, CO 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero caps, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.33 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (16.33 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 16.33 BB

ike
07-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Its not that any of the individual decisions in this hand seem all that bad, I just get the general impression that you didn't really have a plan. Whats with the cap/check? If you were ahead on the flop the ten didn't beat you. Right now I'm reading the CO for AJ, QQ, or KK, with an outside chance of a set. Who knows what the BB is on, though 75 isn't too unlikely. I'd say keep betting or try to checkraise the turn, you're usually ahead here. As for checking down the river, what hand are you worried just beat you? AK? QQ? You're still usually ahead here. Close your eyes, throw the chips out, hope something good happens.

07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Theoretically, the ten can certainly beat me. It's been my unfortunate privilege to see many players call with TJ or TT and overplay it on the flop. That was my line of thought when I capped the flop then saw the ten on the turn. Hence the subject line.

I certainly think you're correct in that I should've bet the turn to see what would've happened.

`dude

Nightwish
07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Dude, when you checked the turn, I thought it was because you were planning to check-raise. Little did I know that you were planning to check-call! You need to bet the turn and if no one raises, you also need to bet the river. The turn check-call following a cap is a bizarre play that makes no sense here. CO has AJ/KJ.

Noo Yawk
07-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Bet the turn if your going to cap the flop. Maybe The CO will raise and build up a nice big pot for you with his A-J, K-J, KK's or whatever hand that doesn't have to be a set or two pair he may have.

hutz
07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Dude, when you checked the turn, I thought it was because you were planning to check-raise.

I thought the exact same thing. Dude shoulda bet the turn or check-raised after he got someone to bet his hand for him following the check. Check-calling isn't just ugly, fugly, or pug fugly -- it's ugly ugly.