PDA

View Full Version : using pokertracker for individual hands

tiltaholic
07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi-
Didn't know where else to post this...

How many instances of any starting hand would you say is enough to start to investigate whether you are playing that hand incorrectly?

For example, "insert hand here", say KQs, is a loser for me, even though it's supposed to be great. After how many hands does it start to not look like a downswing or chance and look more like a big leak in my game?

What's the gut feeling on this?

Thanks
-t

RED_RAIN
07-15-2004, 11:19 AM
1 - You can see each hand if you played it wrong in a situation.

Better to post and ask about a certain situation post flop as that is where a lot of money is lost.

If you notice you constantly lose "X" hand with "X" play type, well if you do it enough to notice that is enough.

parachute
07-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't necessarily trust the BB/100 number before you have a lot of hands, but if your results for KQs look suspiciously low, it can't hurt to review all your KQs hands individually inside PokerTracker and see if you can identify places where you think you played badly. Until you get tons of hands in, that's probably a better way to analyze your play than just looking at the results (and even after you get a ton of hands in, you'll still have to look at the individual hands to figure out what you may be doing wrong).

tiltaholic
07-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi-

Yeah, thats what I do mostly. I think you are right, that may be the best way to go until I have tons more hands.
Currently, I feel I am in a poker stage where my understanding of the game is just beginning to clear, enough to know that I have huge leaks in my game. It is these huge problems that I was hoping to identify by looking for hands with win ammounts that were really abnormally low. But, I know that since I have so few hands in pokertracker I don't want to get sidelined by swings of chance & for that reason I've been trying to stick to looking at my play during individual hands.

I know that it worked for QJo and A9o and A10o, which I had highly overvalued and which I found at the bottom of the "$Won" list. Others must be present, if not at the bottom and obvious because of it.

Thanks,
-t

RED_RAIN
07-15-2004, 11:31 AM
You won't get enough hands for it to be statically sound. I doubt many people even have 1000-2000 instances of one at one hand perhaps muchless more important the post flop type of situation.

tiltaholic
07-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks parachute. I agree with you and redrain. I guess I'm looking for a shortcut in part, and also asking what number the "tons of hands" refers to that everyone including myself keeps mentions and hopes to one day achieve... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RED_RAIN
07-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Once your PT is at 15k you get a small glimpse, 30k you get a feel, 50k you start to get some good stuff, 100k congrads, above should start a new database to show improved play over time. All IMO.