PDA

View Full Version : I felt lost on this one, help!

MrG
07-15-2004, 11:04 AM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.
WHEN the preflop limper bet I thought it was odd but didn't feel real confident about raising here. I figured if the turn didn't help I could fold.

Turn: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Turn helps but I don't raise? I officially am a calling station at this point.
River: (12.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Yeah, I got two pair but hearts on the board make me just call. I SUCK AT CARDS!

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.75 BB, between Hero, CO, MP1 and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (16.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 6s 6h (three of a kind, sixes).
MP2 shows Th Tc (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Kc As (two pair, aces and kings).
CO shows Ad Qh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP1 wins 16.75 BB. </font>

bdk3clash
07-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Raise the flop (better than calling.) Raise the turn (you hit your card.) For god's sake, raise the river! Do you realize how many hands you just outdrew?

After reading the results: Your mission is to lose more next time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nak
07-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I like preflop and flop. As you said, I think you should raise the turn and river. I just lost a big pot to a runner-runner flush, so I understand, but we cannot let the terrorists win.

Nak

stantheman
07-15-2004, 11:14 AM
I don't mind the flop call, but you have to raise the turn here. I assume your thought process on the flop was "let's call a bet and see if I hit my A or K to take the lead in the hand" - you hit your turn card, you assume you have the lead, so raise!

With a bettor and caller in front, I also make the crying call on the river.

RED_RAIN
07-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Raise it on the flop.

With your 3 bet preflop and if you raise on flop he will likely put you on an over pair and give you a free turn and river. If he 3 bets you on flop or bets into you on turn you can know what you are up against.

dfscott
07-15-2004, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
WHEN the preflop limper bet I thought it was odd but didn't feel real confident about raising here. I figured if the turn didn't help I could fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's odd at all -- he probably spiked his set or hit top pair with QJ or something. No reason to panic -- raise and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Turn helps but I don't raise? I officially am a calling station at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like this card, you should've folded the flop -- what better card could you ask for? Raise!

[ QUOTE ]

River: (12.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Yeah, I got two pair but hearts on the board make me just call. I SUCK AT CARDS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now you didn't get the absolute best, but you got the 2nd best -- not to be harsh, but if you don't push here, you shouldn't be playing AK! As bison (and BOC) has said many times, "don't fear the flush!"

By not raising the earlier streets you never gave yourself a chance to get away from this and minimized the pot you might've won.