PDA

View Full Version : ATo, How did I play it?

MrG
07-15-2004, 10:37 AM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between Hero, BB and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (12.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Td (one pair, aces).
BB shows Jh Kc (two pair, kings and jacks).
MP3 shows Kh Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: MP3 wins 12.25 BB. </font>

dfscott
07-15-2004, 10:50 AM
I hate playing AT from EP, but since you're in the blinds, you've got to complete.

I'm not sure if your hand is strong enough to c/r here -- were you trying to knock out players or just take control of the hand?

I like leading out on the turn, but when the 3rd diamond (which is also another overcard) falls on the river I think I'd just check-call.

Nak
07-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Boy, I'd really like a better kicker to check-raise here. I think that I would just bet out on the flop.

Nak

stantheman
07-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Your hand is not strong enough to be check-3-betting the flop here. It's 2 bets to me (out of position) here, I'm throwing it away.

Bill Smith
07-15-2004, 11:01 AM
I would've led out the flop, but it seems like part of the HH is incomplete. Was MP3 all-in at some point, or are we just not seeing his calls? Any reads on these players?

MrG
07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
MP3 became all-in and I have been at the table about 25 hands and seen him rebuy twice for about 20 BB's each time.

chief444
07-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Why does everyone seem to be thinking you need a very strong hand to check raise, in general? I think Top Pair Average Kicker is a good hand to consider check/raising out of the blinds as it is often the best hand but is vulnerable. Obviously you would like a bet to come from late position and in this case you have no good idea of who will bet but I still don't think checking this flop is bad. The 3-bet vs. fold is debatable but overall I do like the flop play here.

I think I would check/call the river with two opponents and a fairly scary board though.