PDA

View Full Version : When they raise the turn...

Richard Berg
07-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Hand 1: stealing from the SB. Villian has never folded the BB in my database, and plays moderately tricky post-flop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls. -- I don't think he has it...

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Hand 2: Villian limps with any two but wins &gt;75% of showdowns.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds. -- probably drawing dead to a passive post-flop player, no?

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, won by UTG+1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to UTG+1.</font>

Hand 3: no read

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls. -- very hypothetical, but I bring it up here because it's similar. If my hand wasn't suited, would I fold to a raise here?

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

Sorry for the 8 zillion edits, still treating PT like a toy...

thirddan
07-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Hand 1: i understand that your hand is better than most, but with no chance of isolating a single limper why are you raising this from the small blind? I would probably lead the flop and hope BB raises to knock out MP, but then i would call it down, against a tricky player who 3bet preflop i wouldn't be crazy about my kicker, but i can't fold because he could have something like TT/JJ/KQ...

Hand 2: i play it the same...there is nothing that you can beat here, and if he bluffs in this small pot im sure that you can get over it...

Richard Berg
07-15-2004, 05:23 AM
FWIW, here's the hand that started the whole trend of getting into trouble on the turn with big cards. First hand of the night, actually, after not playing for almost a month.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls. - don't ask me /images/graemlins/blush.gif

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Obviously the right way to start off, playing g00t /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thirddan
07-15-2004, 05:31 AM
yuck...why are you capping preflop? fold the turn and fold the river, do you think your kind high beats someone that 3bet your preflop and raised you on the turn? the only hand you beat is a pair smaller than 8's, and that hand is not c/r the turn...

Richard Berg
07-15-2004, 05:41 AM
Psychological context for #1-3 only...it had been a month since I'd gotten to say "cappucino!"

bdk3clash
07-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't hand #1 be a great time to check-call the flop, check-call the turn, and bet the river, calling a raise? Seems like given your read of the BB you're pretty much committed to seeing a showdown.