PDA

View Full Version : K high flushes

jojomachine
07-15-2004, 04:36 AM
Holding KQo I raise in MP with 2 callers in front. The button calls, and the BB and 2 callers call.

The flop and turn are checked down. I catch the Queen I need to make my King high flush on the river, though. I only checked this down, too, fearing the Ace. With 4 opponents, was this a poor play? Should I have bet on the river?

SnakeRat
07-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Yes it was poor play, and it might have been correct to bet the turn, and/or flop.

Its kinda hard to tell though without a more detailed description.

kenewbie
07-15-2004, 05:11 AM
As a rule of thumb you should just treat your king high flush like the nut flush. A flush beating a flush is very rare (with 3 of the suit on the board anyway), an ace flush beating a king flush is even rarer.

Just go in there and value bet it and unless you have a very good reason not to, play it like you had the ace.

k

Songwind
07-15-2004, 08:46 AM
He said he played KQo, so that'd have to be four to the flush on the board. Still, the chance of that particular ace being dealt are less than 50% in the first place, and the chances of that ace being in an opponent's hand by the time the fourth suited card comes on the river are smaller still.

Treat it like it's good unless someone shows you otherwise.