PDA

View Full Version : Finishing 4th

Oddchild
07-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi guys. I'm sure there have been countless posts before, but Im after some new views. Can anyone help.
I play quite a lot of PP NL single table tourneys, normally for between $10+1 and $30+3. My problem is (and it has happened WAAAAY to much to be a coincidence) is that more often than not, I finish 4th - out of the money.

Ive done it 5 times in a row before!! Ive tried being tight. Agressive. You name it! It doesnt matter if I go into the last 4 as chip leader - I still find a way to lose.

Can anyone help? It's really affecting my spirits!

stupidsucker
07-15-2004, 04:48 AM
I can only guess that you arent pushing enough on the bubble.

Even if you were too aggressive you would bust out more, but should double up on occasion, and steal a ton of blinds.

4th sucks. Ive gone out 4th several times going into the bubble as chip leader. All it takes is a bad beat or running into a monster and your the low stack.

Your streak could be due to small sample size or just not being aggressive enough on the bubble. If I am the low stack I am pushing with a lot of hands. Middle stack I am a little more cautious depending on how loose/big the big stack is and how small the small one is in relation to the blinds.

which reminds me. No reason to be pushing if the blinds are still in level 3, and sometimes 4 depending on your stack size.

Oddchild
07-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the reply mate.
I have found a lot of useful advice on here in the last hour or so about getting into the top 3 (including your post).

One thing, (and I hate to ask and look stupid) is the 'bubble' the last 4?
Also, does ROI stand for return on investment? (an educated guess)

Hood
07-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Yes and Yes, respectively.