PDA

View Full Version : What is a good BB/Hour

Pocket Crabs
07-15-2004, 03:23 AM
It is my understanding that the most accurate way to measure success is to look at the amount of BB/Hour that you are taking.

What would be your estimates for BB/Hour for a great player, good player, average player, bad player?

Is there a target BB/Hour that you attempt to reach before moving up in limits?

Thanks for the advice.

x-ray
07-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Your earning potential will vary somewhat with the limit you are playing, for example at a micro-limit game it's possible to earn several BB/hr while at a high limit game you might be lucky to eek out on SB/hr.

Many of us think in terms of BB/100 hands (where 3 BB/100 is a solid number). Assuming you get 60 hands an hour at an internet table this works out to about 2 BB/hr (or 1.8 if you really want to be picky).

Again, your mileage may vary depending on what limit you're playing, but if you can consistently put up numbers like this after 20k hands (or whatever, some significant amount) you're ready to move up (assuming you have the bankroll, etc, etc).

Peace,
Ray

ctv1116
07-15-2004, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is my understanding that the most accurate way to measure success is to look at the amount of BB/Hour that you are taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money is how you keep score in poker, so I'd think BB/hour (or BB/100) would be a good way to measure success.

To answer your question, though, it really depends on the limit. AT the micro-limits, one can probably beat PArty 0.5/1 for 8BB/100, but the 15/30 for only 1-2 BB/100.