PDA

View Full Version : Final table decisions

davidross
07-15-2004, 02:21 AM
I made the final table of oneof those Empire Guaranteed events, this one 10K gauranteed for $50. Again they came up short in entries with 159.

ANyway final 10, I'm in 9th place.

Real loosie, aggressive open raises(19K) to 2K (this is limit). cold called (18K) then folded to me in the SB. I have 6.5K and 44. Small stack is on 3K. I decide to call. BB folds. Flop Q92. Checked around. Turn is another 9. I check and loosie bets 2K. Caller folds. back ot me. It'll be all in to call both turn and river. I folded.

Anyone make a stand here? My read on loosie was he bets anything, and his check of the flop made me think he might have a monster.

sthief09
07-15-2004, 02:41 AM
I would've just bet the turn.

davidross
07-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Ok I'm done now and have time to finish this. After folding that 44 hand, I had 77 just a few hands later and the same guy doubled me up playing Ax unimproved to the end. One of th estacks that was bigger than me busted out, so we are down to 9. there are 3 stacks under 4K now, and I'm actually in 5th with 11.5K. Leader is over 50 and 2nd at 30.

Hand in question. Blinds are now 500/1000 with limits 1000/2000. Shortest stack is UTG with 2800. He raises to 2000. Folded to me on the button with AJo. He's been patient, but those blinds must be scaring him. SB has 20K and BB has 17K. I decide to let them play cop and I fold.

Of course UTG had AT, and BB called with K7 and won when a K rivered. The same K would have given me a straight though.

ANyway, my chicken tactics worked and I moved up thanks in no small part to a free play with 6s3s, and a free flop when 2 spades fell, against a slowplayed AA who must of kicked himself when he gave me the rest of his chips as my flush came on the turn.

I also flopped a set of J's only to watch in horror as the final board came AKQJ and my opponenet bet the river putting me all in. He only had 88. Phew.

Down to 4 and a very strange hand. Chip leader (the loose aggressive from earlier, and the guy with 88 against me) has 75K. I'm last with 9K. 2nd has 43K and 3rd 20K. Bully raises from the button to 3K. I have K8o and 3 bet to 4500 (4 handed remember). He calls. Flop is Ac Qs 3d. I bet he calls. Turn is 4c. I bet he calls. River is 9c. I bet my last 628, pot is 20,128, and he folds??????

WOW.

ANyhow I busted out with AJ against his JJ shortly after in 4th. $900, and more final table experience.