PDA

View Full Version : 44 v 2+2

Nate tha' Great
07-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Party 10/20. I have Button labelled as aggressive, though he seems more loose-passive tonight, and no notes in EP. A 2+2er just completes in the SB. I knuckle my monitor with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, then run to the bathroom to get a band-aid.

When I come back, the flop is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. 2+2er bets, I raise, Button and 2+2er call.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif we check it around.

River 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2+2er bets and I call.

Opinions on turn check and river call appreciated.

Schneids
07-15-2004, 02:37 AM
First the river since that's easier: you can't do anything but call.

The turn: I think you have to bet. I like betting the turn and checking the river better than checking the turn and calling a bet/betting if checked to on the river.

stripsqueez
07-15-2004, 02:43 AM
i dont like checking the turn - the flush draws must pay - if someone does have a straight and raises the turn its not a huge problem if your getting 2/1 for those bets as seems likely

as for the river i dont like calling much - its not a big pot - if the SB is a good player then he should probably figure both you and the button are good odds to have a flush draw that just arrived - it seems very unlikely to me that the SB is betting a hand you beat - say you were the SB and got into this spot with 33 - would you bet out on the river ?

i feel a bit strange folding 3 of a kind on the river but i struggle to believe i can win

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

chezlaw
07-15-2004, 04:37 AM
I would bet the turn. Charge any draws and if they both fold at least you have avoided the 8 cards that split the pot.

I think you have to call on the end. SB might have nothing and 5.5:1 plus a possible overcall seems good enough odds.

fyodor
07-15-2004, 09:53 AM
I bet the turn hoping they both just fold right there. If someone already has a straight and I don't improve on the river well them's the breaks. Can't go in with the nuts every hand.

I freely admit that there is no way I have the discipline to lay down trips on this board on the end. I call.