PDA

View Full Version : Point your finger, there's 3 pointing back

sameoldsht
07-15-2004, 01:14 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic candidate John Kerry, whose campaign demanded to know on Wednesday whether President Bush read a key Iraq intelligence assessment, did not read the document himself before voting to give Bush the authority to go to war, aides acknowledged.

Story (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&u=/nm/20040714/pl_nm/campaign_kerry_iraq_dc_1&printer=1)

andyfox
07-15-2004, 01:20 AM
There's more than enough shame on this one for everyone. The more one thinks about it, the less sane is appears for any of us to vote for either of these two guys come election day.

craig r
07-15-2004, 03:19 AM
i have been thinking really hard about who i was going to vote for over the last few weeks. i really don't think i can vote for kerry (was never going to vote for bush..it was basically between kerry and nader), but i am not going to vote for either kerry or nader. kerry "knows" he is going to get votes from the left because he is not bush. but, the only reason i have to vote for him is because he is not bush. that is not a good reason to vote for somebody. this is a man who is going to move as far to the right as possible in order to get more votes. why would i vote for this guy?

but, i am still going to vote for municipal and county elections. i think a vote can probably do more here than nationwide.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-15-2004, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only reason i have to vote for him is because he is not bush. that is not a good reason to vote for somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the first responsible/intelligent thing I've ever heard from a (presumed) liberal with regards to this year's election. I'm going to vote for Bush this year (I didn't in 2000), but regardless of political leanings, I'm so sick of the "Anyone but Bush in 2004" chant from the left. How asinine is that if your best argument for why you should be president is that you're not George Bush?

I commend you on your clear head on this one.