PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 8s

BlackMamba
07-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Hello. Another hand that has given me lots of trouble is pocket 8s. For some reason, I fall in love with this hand and wont give it up unless I'm pretty sure that person has a higher pair. My failure to stay with my read on this upcoming shows my weakness. Rididcule as hard as possible, I want to get better.

I'm dealt 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button. 4 people limp and I raise to $130 to try to knock some people. Unfortunately, the next person re-raise all in for $337. I know already that I will call as that person was just caught raising with 7,2o on an earlier hand. A player folds and another 3bets all in for $543 this time. For some reason, I have a gut feeling that she has aces, but I throw that read aside and call. As I suspected she has aces and the flop fails to get an 8 so I'm out.

I know that I should've folded PF to those 2 all-in raises but my love for mid pockets kept me in. Plz help me break this habit. All comments welcome.

MrFroggyX
07-14-2004, 08:57 PM
What limit are you playing?

Anyhow.. Move down. Because I haven’t seen a worse played 88 in my life.

Sorry if I sounds brutal.. I could accept your $130 raise if you thinks you can get the limpers to fold.. (What are the blinds?) But do you really think your 88 are good against two people that have gone all-in after your raise? If you can't fold 88 pre-flop against two all-ins you have some leaks in your game if I may say so.. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BlackMamba
07-14-2004, 09:02 PM
This was in a tournament and the brutality is helpful. Sometimes you have to be stern to teach people useful things, so don't worry about the sterness, I'm not mad at it. And yes, I agree with you, I could've played this hand much better, so this failure was my mistake.

MrFroggyX
07-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Ahh.. Forget my previous post. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If this is a tournament hand it changes everything!!
Use the tournament forum instead. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif