PDA

View Full Version : Red Kings

Brain
07-14-2004, 08:20 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero...

young nut
07-14-2004, 08:57 PM
i would reraise and see if he caps. From the preflop betting, I doubt he has pocket Q's. He may have hit 2 pair, so see if he caps. If he does cap the turn, just check call the river.

jacki
07-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Well, you can't raise. And I don't like folding. I guess I call and then check-call the river unless your 2-outer hits.

jacki
07-14-2004, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would reraise and see if he caps.

[/ QUOTE ]
With this hand in this spot, I think you want to get to a showdown as quick and cheap as possible. A cap here will really suck the big one for you.

JohnShaft
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't like the reraise simply because I don't like to help him put another 2 bets in and be shown A5s at Showdown.

If he wants to checkraise you here with a good Queen, fine, let him.
You have position so you can use that just to make sure a Bet goes in on the River (if he doesn't, you do).

The problem is UTG likes his hand. He knows you like your hand. And he's checkraising you anyway. That means he thinks he can probably beat the hand he thinks you have.

If he is going to call your reraise with a worse hand and cap with a better one you essentially need to be ahead 2/3rds of the time here, and I don't think you are.

Look at his flop call, I'm telling you he's got a 5. And if he hasn't he's got pocket sevens.

If he's a maniac and had nothing no biggie. Let him keep putting bets in at you like this.

Brain
07-15-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the reraise simply because I don't like to help him put another 2 bets in and be shown A5s at Showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. That's what I immediately thought, then my thoughts kinda roamed over to him having 77. I felt like dropping it right there, but then I figured that would be weak and/or wrong.

Brain
07-15-2004, 07:53 PM
I called the turn raise. River didn't help me and I called and saw his 77.