PDA

View Full Version : Why do I suck at our little monthly tourney's?? Blinds too aggressive?

Silent Bob
07-14-2004, 07:59 PM
I usually play a small blind/buyin NL game with friends and co-workers that I usually kill in...We usually do a $20 buy in and start with .25/.50 blinds. increasing as people leave and those that remain have more $$...I have won money about 85% of the time, and rarely even have to re-buy...

However when I play in tourney-style anywhere from 12-20 people $40 in chips blinds start at .50/1.00 with .25 ante's and everything doubling every hour, I never seem to do well...sometimes the cards just don't come, twice I was busted out on a bad beat...the best I've come in was third but was the chip leader the whole time util the blinds were so huge that it turned into an all in racefest which I lost even when I was the pre-flop favorite...

At first I thought maybe the $40 wasn't enough play but one time we played someone bought in for a guy running late who ultimately never showed and he ended up coming in 5th one spot out of the money...and he never played a single hand...

It's weird cause online I'm the exact opposite, I rarely will sit at the micro-tables like I prefer in a home game, but rather prefer the $5-10 SNG's which I place in the $$ rather often...

Any comments? I don't post much on here I hope this is the correct forum...

SevenStuda
07-15-2004, 05:33 PM
That's a really good question, unfortunatly I have no answer but I can tell you this. You really do suck. Get bent cholo.

-Dimitri