PDA

View Full Version : Playing from the blinds?

mikewvp
07-14-2004, 07:40 PM
I have been playing 5/10 at party poker lately, and I have been doing very well (as far as my own judgement can tell, theres some other players on my poker tracker than are just crushing the games, but for my skill level I am satisfied). However, my poker tracker shows me in the green in all positions except for the blinds, and I am wondering if this is normal? The blind structure is $5 big blind and $2 small blind, and after 10700 hands I am -$3350 in the big blind, and -$1426 in the small blind (these numbers are including losses from simply folding away blind money, it is a net total in that position). Should I be worried about numbers like this or should I focus on the "Diff w/o Blind $". Any suggestions on how you like to play the blinds would be appreciated, and any comments on whether or not I should realistically be winning $ in the blinds in the first place. Thanks.

SevenStuda
07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
What a ridiculous question. Obviously, tight player in low limit games should be loosing $ in the blinds. I think what you really should be worried about is the fact that you've lost nearly double the amount in the big blind than you have in the small blind. Idiot.

-Dimitri

juanez
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What a ridiculous question.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather harsh response there Dimitri, don't ya think?

[ QUOTE ]
However, my poker tracker shows me in the green in all positions except for the blinds, and I am wondering if this is normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike - as far as I know, most players lose $ in the blinds. Of course, some lose more than others. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mikewvp
07-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, especially since I really wanted to know that I am losing too much in the blinds, and I wasn't really interested in any information on how to play the blinds. I am also ecstatic to find out that I am an idiot. Thanks again!

mikewvp
07-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Could you or someone else let me know how many BB you have lost in the blinds over a certain number of hands? Just trying to get an idea of where I stand and how to improve. Out of my sample of 11,100 hands I am -324BB in the big blind and -143BB in the small blind.

Edited to throw in that my sample is (-.25BB / hand) in the big blind and (-.11 BB / hand ) in the small blind, I think comparing averages would be the better way to go about it.

sthief09
07-15-2004, 09:59 PM
you're forced to put in money from the blinds with subpar hands. that's why you're losing money there.

mikewvp
07-15-2004, 10:28 PM
How about some BB / hand stats from people, I'm very interested in comparing numbers.

juanez
07-16-2004, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my sample is (-.25BB / hand) in the big blind and (-.11 BB / hand ) in the small blind

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are:
BB -0.18 per hand
SB -0.16 per hand

No clue if my numbers are way off or not /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

sthief09
07-16-2004, 11:15 AM
comparing numbers between small databases is worthless.

mikewvp
07-16-2004, 07:06 PM
What is a large database?