PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this?

plethodon
07-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I was playing a 5 handed NL tournament at Pacific and two plays baffled me.

The first one happened when it was folded around to the blinds. The player in the SB bet $600 (blinds were 25/50 and he had $800) and the BB called him. Then on the flop, the SB just folds first thing.

Later the same two guys were in the blinds again and it was folded around to them. The SB completed and the BB went all in. The SB called him (it left him with $79). Then the SB folded once the flop hit (at Pacific the player with money left can fold/check/bet once after the all in - I'm not sure if that's the case everywhere). This gave the BB a large chip lead.

I'm pretty new to this, but is there a legitimate reason one would do this type of thing or were they cheating?

Saku
07-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Definite collusion. Report it.

pokerkai
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
yet another reason to play at the bigger sites

thats got collusion written all over it

DrewOnTilt
07-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I don't follow how that implies collusion. What am I missing? Can someone explain? Is it just the SB giving his stack to the BB?

Cosimo
07-15-2004, 01:19 AM
It's chip-dumping. One player is giving all of his chips to another player at the table, allowing the second player to get twice the chips. In tournaments that don't allow rebuys or add-ons, this can be a big edge. Can be. Anyway.

Report it, but don't assume that it's collusion. The SB could just be a dumbass. The site can do a more thorough review. I don't know about Pacific specifically, but things that they will look for include:
* if the hole cards justified this action
* if the SB commonly does this
* if the two are related (similar email, IPs, addresses, refer-a-friend, etc)
* if they've played at the same table before

Always report suspected collusion. Don't expect to be told the results, and don't get too upset if the site comes back and says no.

Hood
07-15-2004, 05:10 AM
Jeez, if that's collusion, that's got to be the worst, the least subtle way of chip-dumping in history. The two are clearly total dumbasses, and I wouldn't mind playing the two of 'em.