PDA

View Full Version : hand with Erick Lindgren - elaborate -

whiskeytown
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
here's a hand I played with Erick Lindgren...I'm not in it after the flop - but a player in the hand thought Erick slowplayed his JJ too much - esp. missing bet on river...

and NO, I do NOT know what suits Erick's J's were, but he was scared of flush draw....

due to the hand history not being implemented yet - I have to cut and paste from chat window...sorry - will take out as much crap as possible to make it readable...

RB

Dealer: Hand #39625 - 3/6 holdem
Dealer: _Q_ posts the big blind of $3
Dealer: Leesuss raises to $6
Dealer: Erick Lindgren calls $6
Dealer: _Q_ calls $3

three players preflop

Dealer: The flop is [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Dealer: _Q_ checks
Dealer: Leesuss bets $2, and is all in
Dealer: Erick Lindgren calls $2
Dealer: _Q_ calls $2

Dealer: The turn is [8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Dealer: Erick Lindgren bets $6
Dealer: _Q_ calls $6

Dealer: The river is [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Dealer: Erick Lindgren checks

results....Erick wins
Dealer: Erick Lindgren shows a pair of Jacks
Dealer: _Q_ mucks
Dealer: Erick Lindgren wins the side pot ($12) with a pair of
Jacks
Dealer: Leesuss mucks
Dealer: Erick Lindgren wins the main pot ($24.50) with a pair
of Jacks

------------------

discuss amongst yourselves...how is Erick's play if he has J/images/graemlins/spade.gif - what if he doesn't?

RB

Tosh
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks for posting, I think he misplayed on every street but the turn.

ScottTheFish
07-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Gah, he should have raised preflop, raised the flop and bet the river. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if the pros on FT hav been instructed to play soft.

Tosh
07-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Whats weird is he then 3 bet an EP raiser with AJo. I think even the best pro's wouldn't beat low limit passive games for as much as followers of Clark, Ed etc.

Tosh
07-14-2004, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

and NO, I do NOT know what suits Erick's J's were, but he was scared of flush draw....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, 'Erick why didn't you bet the river', 'Flush and straight draws got there.'

HajiShirazu
07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
I saw this hand...was wondering about it.
I don't think the pros bring their A game, for some reason. I mean heck, even if they win, it goes to charity!

Michael Davis
07-14-2004, 08:46 PM
As we all know, poker is two entirely different games against good players and bad players. Against good players, the game is exciting, thought provoking, and laden with deception. Against bad players, the game is relatively boring, easy, yet much more profitable.

The play of this hand was really bad. Most of his decisions are indefensible.

-Michael