PDA

View Full Version : A hand for review

prrthd
07-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Hello all, I just found this site about a week ago and I am already learning from these hand reviews. Thought I would put one up that I ran into last night.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Should I have 3 bet here or just called?

Turn: (14.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Should I have led out like I did or just checked since I was raised on the flop?

River: (24.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Any suggestions here?

Final Pot: 28.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qc Kc (two pair, queens and eights).
MP1 shows Qd Ah (two pair, queens and eights).
MP2 shows Qs Jd (two pair, queens and jacks).
MP3 shows 6s 8s (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP3 wins 28.25 BB. </font>

RED_RAIN
07-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I think you played fine.

Flop - great 3 bet.
Turn - for sure bet.

spacemonkey57
07-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Fine on all streets.

TrailofTears
07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
You played it great. Turn is a clear bet, since you have TPHK and now a near-nut FD. MP3's raise is a clear sign of holding an 8, since it is his first sign of aggressiveness at the pot. After that I turn into a calling machine and hope either I improve or I am playing against idiots. The 8 scare-card and the heart flush possibility probably ended up saving you money in the long run, since you were dominated fromt the start. Seems to me like everyone played it correctly. BTW, welcome to the forum, I myself am new to posting here but have enjoyed the learning for a few weeks now. Take care.

prrthd
07-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I have been on a bad swing for the last 3 weeks and I am starting to double guess myself.

Thanks again

Sent
07-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I like how MP3 came alive when that second 8 popped up lol

-Sent