PDA

View Full Version : horrendous 5/10 session hand for review pt 1

goofball
07-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

who's raising? sweet! i'll just pop him on the turn.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls.

the cap on this street is the move i'm not so sure about. what does he think i have that he's willing to 3 bet it? i don't think he'll 3bet KQ/AQ or some such in this spot, i guess i should have guessed i was beat and switched to call down mode

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls.

since i was still bring the agressor though i kept at it, i almost knew he wouldn't raise here anyway.

Final Pot: 15 BB

questions, comments, gestures?

The Armchair
07-14-2004, 04:05 PM
You have to re-raise the flop to see if he caps it. You don't know if you're up against AQ/KQ or 88, and the only way to tell is to toss the bet in now. If he does cap it, expect to check-call all the way down (unless you're capable of folding, which I'm not!). If he doesn't, try to ram and jam at the turn -- but be careful if he plays back at you.

lil'
07-14-2004, 04:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with waiitng to raise until the expensive street. However, since you are out of position, you have to be sure that he will bet again. It would suck if the turn got checked through.

i don't think he'll 3bet KQ/AQ or some such in this spot
If that's your read, that he has one pair beaten, then you should not cap the turn.

Joe826
07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
As lil said, it all depends on your read. If he hasn't gotten out of line before, don't cap. I personally like this play turn play, except against Tosh &amp; co.

MVicuna
07-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi,

If he calls the river I think your hand is good unless its the worst played set of all time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really, Check raising me on the turn and then caping the turn and leading on the river isn't going to slow me down. It might slow me down if I had non-top 2 on the river. Say if the river was an A/K/Q I might just call with 2 pair, but if it was a T or under I'm raising again.

Thanks,
MarkV.