PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Quarter Million on Party

newcool
07-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi, I have qualified for the quarter million guaranteed tourney on partypoker for only $7. I have played in thier super tourneys and the friday hold em tourney. I was barely in the money twice.

If you have any experience, can you please provide some advice or pointers?

Also, to what level would I have to build up my stack to be able to fold into the money?

Thanks

cferejohn
07-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Why would you want to fold to the money? I mean, barely making it into the money isn't much of a goal. That said, online tournaments generally pay roughly 1/10 people, so if you can build up your stack to over 10x the starting stack as the bubble approaches, you can probably cruise.

If you have placed in the money in the supers, you probably have some idea of what you are doing. I don't know how to offer any specific advice here. Be aware that these sattelite entry tournaments have some *very bad* and some *very good* players. Try to identify some of each...

newcool
07-16-2004, 01:42 PM
bump

schwza
07-16-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, to what level would I have to build up my stack to be able to fold into the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

ack. don't ask that. only 10-15% of players place in the money, and barely placing in the money will give you somewhat over double your entry fee - there's no way you could make a long-term profit by folding into the money. i realize you're only playing one, but in order to maximize your EV from it, you should play as if you're playing a lot. you need to have a significant chance to get deep into the money to have a decent EV.