PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Jacks, Party 15/30.

Fianchetto
07-14-2004, 01:10 PM
<font color="brown">Comments on all streets appreciated, though I think preflop and flop are pretty standard. I'm mostly interested in what you think of my turn and river play. Thanks. </font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero raises, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button 3-bets, SB caps, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls.

<font color="brown"> Pot is big and I wanted to take aggressive action to try to win it now. If I don't take it down on the turn I can get to a showdown for the same price as calling a turn and river bet, so I popped him on the turn, planning to check behind on the river unimproved. This is better because of the chance he will fold right there, right? </font>

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

<font color="brown">Results to Follow. </font>

Zele
07-14-2004, 01:15 PM
After capping the p/f and 3-betting the flop, I am almost sure SB had you beat, or does now that the A came out. If it was heads-up by the turn, I'd probably call down hoping to see TT (the pot being so big), but with the button there too I think you have to lay it down.

MrGo
07-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Based on the read of the opponent, I don't think a fold on the flop is necessarily out of the question. Would I fold? Probably not, but it's an option.

Flop - I like your raise. You want to limit the competition to heads up if you can. There's at least 12 cards that can beat you.

Turn - Logical thinking to see the river for the same amount by raising the turn. If you're 3bet here, it's an easy fold.

River - Obviously you'd check. I think you lost to QQ here.

Turning Stone Pro
07-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I think you played it right pre-flop and flop, but I muck the turn when the SB bets into you, after SB having capped preflop and having put the last raise in on the flop.

It sure looks like your beat on the turn, and I'd figure that the SB's AK or AQs got there on the turn, as so often happens in the PP game.

also, you gotta put the button on some sort of A, in all liklihood.

muck it and play another hand.

TSP

stoxtrader
07-14-2004, 02:14 PM
I fold this on the turn to SBs single bet as well, call me weak tight, what hands could SB and button possibly have that you beat? specifically TT for both of them? a TT and a KQs?

I also think the flop raise is debateable, sure you have a nice overpair, but you are in the pot with a pre-flop 3 bettor and capper, how often does that NOT translate into at least one QQ/KK/AA?

DonT77
07-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Because the SB capped PF and stayed agressive on the flop, but was slowed down by the A on the turn I'd have to put him on KK, QQ, JJ(not likely), or TT (if he is the type that would cap with TT in EP - which most are not). You're probably up against KK or QQ

I go into call down mode after SBs 3-bet on the flop and hope that he is overplaying a smaller PP than mine (unless I know that he is not the kind to ever do so).

Fianchetto
07-14-2004, 03:23 PM
You guys nailed this one; SB showed QQ to take it down.

Sounds like the turn was the place to release this hand.

elindauer
07-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Your turn raise is bold of course, as you are attempting to put a move on two players. It turns out that the SB had exactly the hand you'd hope for and you still didn't take it down, so this probably wasn't a good opponent to pull this against. Bold play.

SOP = fold the turn.

my 2 cents.
Eric

MrGo
07-14-2004, 03:35 PM
I thought about this hand and I would fold on the turn as well. AK or KK/QQ must be what the SB has for him to cap PF and 3-bet the flop.

Next hand!