PDA

View Full Version : QQ from middle position

jon_1van
07-14-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm playing in a home SNG with 10 people. I know all the players in this hand quite well. And I'm wondering what you would do.

So I'm sitting in middle position and I get QQ. Currently the blinds are 4-8. I open raise to 40. The kid directly to my left calls (CALLER). The kid directly to his left raises to 200 (RAISER). The raise leaves him with about 50 left. The RAISER will not fold because he is pot commited.

READS:: Now I know the CALLER and the RAISER well. I assume the CALLER could have these hands with roughly these prob JJ-8% , QQ-2% , KK-25% , AA-25% , AK-40%. I doubt he would play AQ here but who knows. The CALLER would not have raised with AA or KK and he will not fold when the action gets around to him unless he has JJ which is not likely.
I also know the RAISER and the RAISER knows the same things about the CALLER that I do (and perhaps more). Every now and then the RAISER gets alittle over aggressive...I think this is one of those times...but he must know that the CALLER won't fold....so it makes my read hard to believe.

Now I have about the same amount as the RAISER so calling leaves me with not much left over.

I end up folding....I thought the best case was something like AJ AK QQ. Worst case something like KK AK QQ.

Now that I've written this I'm pretty sure I was right...but now that it's written here's the post