PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic gem w/ KJo

Bill Smith
07-14-2004, 11:30 AM
It is quite possible that I misplayed this hand on every street, so flame away. I'll follow up with my thoughts after enough responses.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between UTG+1, UTG+2, MP1, Hero, SB and BB.</font>

spamuell
07-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Pre-flop: This is OK, but be careful.

Flop: Fine

Turn: Come on, it looks like you have a bet here, everyone is thinking "[censored], I don't have the ace", you need to protect what could very well be the best hand. Easy fold if check-raised.

River: For crying out loud man, you really have to bet this river. I don't even care if you didn't win, bet the river!

chief444
07-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Checking the turn I could see although I would probably have bet. But after the turn is checked through and the river is checked to you in position you have a very easy value bet.

pf and flop look fine.

RED_RAIN
07-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Fold preflop.

Turn, meh okay.

River, easy value bet.

Bill Smith
07-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Well, you've all pretty much hit it on the head, so here are the fairly obvious results and my thoughts:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

This was a much more loose PF call than I normally make, but I had the advantage of being on a table with most of the aggressive players playing ahead of me. Let's just say it was "questionable."

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Easy call - just playing it like I have 5 outs.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>

Let me first of all just say that in my relatively successful online poker career of 15k hands or so, I have been in this position no more than twice. MPTK with 5 players checking all the way to me on the end on the turn. My line of thinking here was "Ace with a bad kicker might be afraid to bet this but will call down, and a bigger ace might be trying a check-raise." I probably should've bet this, but it's less critical than on the next street.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>

I have no idea why I didn't bet this, and I consider it to huge blunder. The bets I potentially missed out on here probably exceed an occasional questionable call down or arrogant bluff. Stupid stupid stupid.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between UTG+1, UTG+2, MP1, Hero, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Tc Kd (high card, ace).
BB shows 5c Jc (one pair, jacks).
UTG+1 shows 5s 3s (one pair, threes).
UTG+2 shows Th Qc (high card, ace).
MP1 shows 6s 6d (one pair, sixes).
Hero shows Kc Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB. </font>