PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this?

kgrad5
07-14-2004, 10:47 AM
was the turn check weak?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

kgrad5
07-14-2004, 10:51 AM
forgot to mention, no read on BB, UTG will call down with any piece of the board.. including bottom pair (he sucked out on my AK by pairing bottom pair on the river.. im not bitter or anything /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

chief444
07-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Looks fine to me except that I will often bet the turn and check the river. This usually costs you the same when you are behind but wins you more as any drawing hands will call the turn but not the river.

DMBFan23
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I think I would rather bet the turn and check the river than the opposite

up against Ax or Tx?

kgrad5
07-14-2004, 11:04 AM
for the record, im a HUGE DMB fan, i went to their show last week in toronto and it was ultra super fantasmic, sorry for the off topic post /images/graemlins/smile.gif, i usually bet this turn and then if no raise bet the river but with 2 callers made me think of ace

dfscott
07-14-2004, 11:06 AM
I bet the turn and the river unless I'm raised. If I'm raised, I go into check/call mode. Otherwise, looks fine.

adanthar
07-14-2004, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn and the river unless I'm raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet the turn, don't bet the river. You won't get an A to fold and, *most of* the time, somebody who leads into you on the flop has an ace. The reason for the flop raise is to be able to check at least one expensive street (but if you check the turn and it's checked to you on the river, go ahead and bet.)

Edit: Being checkraised on this flop makes it a fold on the turn unless a K, Q or J hits. A CR on the turn, with no read, makes for an easy fold.

kgrad5
07-14-2004, 12:59 PM
BB mucks and MHIG, i think i played this hand weak should have bet the turn and river, thanks for the comments all

dfscott
07-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Hmmm... I was just re-reading this thread and for some reason my original reply to this is gone -- maybe I didn't hit continue to actually submit it?? Anyway, I apologize if this ends up being a duplicate...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn and the river unless I'm raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet the turn, don't bet the river. You won't get an A to fold and, *most of* the time, somebody who leads into you on the flop has an ace. The reason for the flop raise is to be able to check at least one expensive street (but if you check the turn and it's checked to you on the river, go ahead and bet.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I can post many hands where people were representing TP but only had a draw or middle pair. The lack of a 3-bet could mean TPWK, but until I'm raised, I don't slow down.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Being checkraised on this flop makes it a fold on the turn unless a K, Q or J hits. A CR on the turn, with no read, makes for an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes, but this didn't happen here.