PDA

View Full Version : overcalls on every street?

scooby
07-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Again, having issues with pokertracker, but I'm sitting in a FANTASTIC 5/10 game in the big blind with 55- I think the whole table read Psychology of Poker on backwards day and thinks that loose passive is the way to play

UTG and CO limp, SB completes, I check, 4 to the flop of:
3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets out, I call, everyone else calls as well...hmm...

turn is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets out, I decide that this is just about the safest board I've ever seen, and call again, going for overcalls. UTG and CO call again.

River is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets out, and I call again. Comments? I'll post results later, but I'm curious if you'd have popped this on any/all street- I thought that I'd the SB would probably call a raise here on a river, but I'm not sure if I'd get anyone behind calling two cold. Perhaps the turn would have been a better place, but I was hoping someone else would come alive and raise it. I don't mind my play that much, but I'm looking for comments.

stripsqueez
07-14-2004, 10:30 AM
i have to give a serious hand a chance to lose a lot of bets - overcalls are fun but capping is more fun

i can probably stand the flop and turn but i cant go all the way

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Zele
07-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Geez, that is a tempting line. I hate myself for saying it, but I think you played it exactly right.

spydog
07-14-2004, 10:53 AM
I have played similar hands the same way. With no flush or straight draw on the board, a raise is likely to knock people behind you out and maybe fold or freeze the SB. I like this line because often times the SB will be raised behind you and then you can start having a whole bunch of fun.

2000Flushes
07-14-2004, 05:12 PM
That turn card just brought in multiple str8 draws. Any JT, KT, 8T type hands picked it up as well as any A2,A4 hands. This is when I want to charge them as much as I can to keep chasing, and if they are chasing this is when they'll call, not on the river when they miss.

So I raise the turn, if you lose person or 2 so what.

ProfLupin
07-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Absolutely correct. This is a turn raise in my book because there are draws out there after this turn card.