PDA

View Full Version : What to do.

BlackMamba
07-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Hello. I am currently in a TP MTT NL Holdem torunament. It just started and I'm down $50 in chips. My Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif didn't get any help so I lost that hand. I have a feeling that the people at my table don't respect my play so I'll use that to my advantage. Blinds are $15/$30. Table is loose passive with a lot of chasing to the flushes.

I'm dealt J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP. I decide to just limp, as my raise probably won't knock people out. 5 people enter the pot.

Pot size=$75
Flop comes: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. This is a good flop as it gives me the nut straight with the backdoor flush draw. A player in front of me bets $75. I raise to $384 to knock out the people on draws. I get 2 callers.

Pot size=$1,227
Turn comes:4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. This is another good card for my hand as it gives me the flush draw along with my straight. The same player bets $75 again. I put him on a K/ok kicker or a flush draw. Your move? Results to follow.

young nut
07-14-2004, 09:05 AM
I would go all in on the turn. You have the nut straight and no pairs on board. You need to get those flush drawers off their hands. Pot size is very large, so it would be nice to just win it right there. I doubt a flush draw would call your all in, but 2 pair might, and give you more chips (that is if the river doesn't fill him up)

I would just play that hand very aggressive on the turn, especially after 3 callers. The more people in the hand to see the river, the worse odds your hand has.

Truckboss
07-14-2004, 10:52 AM
I would put this person on a AK suited spade. He will probably call you and will win the pot if a spade comes up but you have to charge him dearly to see the river. I would move all in even though it is a coin flip if you get callers.

DonT77
07-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Agree with others, go All-in

BlackMamba
07-14-2004, 11:47 AM
I decide to go in and I get called by the toehr player. He turns over K /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and catches his spade on the riv. I'm not mad about the hand and I feel that I payed it right. Thx for all the helpful replies /images/graemlins/grin.gif