PDA

View Full Version : You're sitting on the left of Milton from office space..

Joe826
07-14-2004, 05:33 AM
..in an incredibly good 4/8 game at your local B&M. Milton is the loose passive type of player who spews chips and mumbles while doing so -- capping his cards with a orange swingline stapler. The rest of the table is just as loose and passive except for one cowboy seated to the right of Milton who never says a word or plays a hand. He looks like he just killed five prostitutes. You've been there around 45 minutes and nearly doubled your buy-in.

You're raking in your latest pot when a slobbish fat guy (looks like carl from aqua teen hunger force, if you know what i'm talking about) stumbles to the table holding a Bud in one hand and several racks of chips in the other. After slapping a cocktail waitress' ass, he says he wants to buy YOUR seat (seat 5) since he doesn't want to wait behind 25 people on the waiting list and they only have one hold em table open (but 37 omaha tables are running). The cowboy suddenly speaks up and says he will sell his seat if you don't. The fat dude asks how much, what do you tell him?

Schneids
07-14-2004, 05:45 AM
What are your motives for playing poker and how highly do each of them rate?

The answer to this question is critical to answering your question.

Joe826
07-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Consider it purely monetary.

Schneids
07-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Wouldn't that then make the answer be something like $16 times the amount of hours you are planning on playing?

Or am I not thinking hard enough?

Joe826
07-14-2004, 05:59 AM
It's definetly something like that, I was just wondering how much the figure would have to be adjusted for near perfect game conditions. This happened to me tonight, and I was just wondering what others thought.

ZeeJustin
07-14-2004, 06:24 AM
You need to subtract how much his leisure time is worth from this amount.

Schneids
07-14-2004, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to subtract how much his leisure time is worth from this amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I posed my first question. Apparently, having extra time for leisure has no value. Or likewise, it doesn't seem that someone playing entirely for monetary purposes would say "I want more than my EV in order to make up for the fact I'm not getting to compete against people in a game of cards."

daryn
07-14-2004, 07:53 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
looks like carl from aqua teen hunger force, if you know what i'm talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice show.

Ouspensky
07-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Okay, Candy, I guess we're NOT in America. I guess I'm not ALLOWED to pay for sex with pennies

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-14-2004, 11:03 AM
How much cash do Milton &amp; Co. have left?

Also, I'm surprised Milton traded in his red swingline for an orange one.

adanthar
07-14-2004, 01:54 PM
You also need to figure out how much you will make if the cowboy sells his seat. Does everyone see why? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheGrifter
07-14-2004, 02:15 PM
n/m