PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Jsb
07-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

Button (t1068)
SB (t508)
Hero (t790)
UTG (t2190)
UTG+1 (t1091)
MP1 (t915)
MP2 (t473)
CO (t965)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to t275</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t790 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls t515.

Flop: (t1605) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1605) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1605) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1605
<font color="green">Main Pot: t1605 (t1605), between Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (t1605).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Kd (one pair, nines).
MP1 shows 6h 6c (full house, sixes full of nines).
Outcome: MP1 wins t1605. </font>
I didn't feel like it was right to fold this hand preflop. was pushing the right move?

I've been catching alot, and i mean alot, of bad beats lately. not that this was one of them, i probably played this incorrectly, please let me know, but aside from this, moves that i know are right, particularly pushes preflop, that i get drawn out on. lost alot of money lately, and starting to really question my play. of course there are times that i make bad calls, and i'm sure it happens more frequently than i realize. i think i'm going to start posting whole tournaments for help. assuming i don't completely blow my bankroll in the next few days.

LSUfan1
07-14-2004, 09:11 AM
I personally push here also.

Let's look at what you had, AK against 69. I will take that every day and twice on Sunday!

He outdrew you, get used to these beats and keep playing the good cards.

My 2 cents!
Cliff

hockey1
07-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Can't speak to anything but this hand, but your play probably wasn't wrong. Whether it was actually right or not depends on your read of the raiser: 1) what's the range of hands he's likely to be making a raise like this with? 2) What's the likelihood he'll fold to your all-in re-raise?

BradleyT
07-14-2004, 10:46 AM
It was vs. 66 not 69.

Sam T.
07-14-2004, 11:30 AM
What hands did you think he might have?

t275 is a pretty big chunk of his stack, so he must feel pretty good about it. Possbilities:

AA or KK - you're pretty close to dead.
Pocket Pair, QQ or below - you're on the losing side of a coin-flip.
AK - Split the pot.
AQ - You're in good shape.

AK is a lovely hand, but in this situation you're behind, and I'm not sure it's a good call.

Edit: Just noticed your stack. At this point, a push is probably right.

Jason Strasser
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Hrmm easy push. There is about a 50% chance he has AQ or AJ, or a mid pocket pair. Those are the two crowd favorites for overbetting preflop. Maybe its more like 65/35 in favor of having a pocket pair. But if you consider that you (maybe) had a folding equity, and that you are going to be ahead or in a coinflip spot all the time, this is an easy all-in you should make every time.