PDA

View Full Version : Got What I wanted...or did I?

CardCuda
07-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 = Any 2 will do, from anywhere, weak unless has something
MP1 = VLAG (Very loose LAG) Bluffs alot with nothing, has played 80% of hands in the last hour.
CO - No read 1st hand.
BTN - Decent player, (Typical)

Questions -

Bet the river?

Play the turn differently?

River Play - Based on the players (MP1).....I went for the check-raise and whiffed. But at the time wasn't totally confident in my hand (Weak?).

So if your conflicted (not really confident in your hand)when the board pairs on the river...but makes your hand, out of position....Do you bet and call a raise?..or bet and hope to 3 bet?... or go for the check raise based on the above. I feel I chose poorly....Help and thoughts appreciated

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between Hero, UTG+1, MP1 and CO.</font>

Brian
07-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Bet the River. The Flush card will undoubtedly scare many opponents into cehcking, and theres no reason
to believe any of them will bet after passively calling the whole time. Not to mention, your check-raise won't even always work out to be better for you, as you may get more bets by just betting out than successfuly check-raising.

-Brian

detruncate
07-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Why wouldn't you be comfortable with your hand? You have the third-nut flush, and would most likely have heard from a flopped set or turned queens up before now. These people show every sign of calling another bet, so you might as well give them the chance. Bet and plan to 3-bet if raised.

kenewbie
07-14-2004, 05:55 AM
eeeeek.

Bet the river bet the river bet the river bet the river.
&lt;draws breath&gt;

k