PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, long post, not educational probably

sapster
07-14-2004, 01:58 AM
I don't know if I feel this way only because I've had horrible luck in the 10$ sngs today and just got rivered again headsup but does playing party sngs really help your game at all? I recently switched from pokerstars where I had much greater success in the SNGs because I had a deeper stack and better, slower blind structures. Now most my my tourneys I either double up early with a dominating hand (or bustout on a suckout) and then play the very aggressive stealing game with 4-5 left where the blinds really make my decisions for me. Do these games help you become a better poker player or are they just used to grind out some cash vs the fishies?

eastbay
07-14-2004, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I feel this way only because I've had horrible luck in the 10$ sngs today and just got rivered again headsup but does playing party sngs really help your game at all? I recently switched from pokerstars where I had much greater success in the SNGs because I had a deeper stack and better, slower blind structures. Now most my my tourneys I either double up early with a dominating hand (or bustout on a suckout) and then play the very aggressive stealing game with 4-5 left where the blinds really make my decisions for me. Do these games help you become a better poker player or are they just used to grind out some cash vs the fishies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically people say deeper money = more skill and I mostly agree with that.

So basically, the answer to your question is "they are used to grind out some cash vs. the fishies." But I don't know what poker is, other than a way to grind out some cash vs. the fishies.

eastbay

stupidsucker
07-14-2004, 04:47 AM
You may just need to adjust your game. The games should be played a little different then as if you were at PS.

ALso what kind of database are we talking about? You cant judge your success till you have AT LEAST 100 SnGs.. More if you want a more accurate count for your RoI, but 100 should give ya an idea.

sapster
07-14-2004, 04:57 AM
My ROI after about 30 is ~30% but this is usually playing 2-3 at a time. I know there are still some holes in my game around the bubble and I will try and post some good hands in the near future. I broke my bad streak with a win and a nice payday at 2/4 for the night so I'm no longer frustrated. Gotta love the ups and downs of poker. /images/graemlins/cool.gif