PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 15-30 - 3-bet, call, call, call?

JTG51
07-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Same game as my last post. This one is just a few hands later, so I still don't have a great feel for the game. Once again, the line I chose felt unusual.

My Right Hand Opponent looks to be a loose, overaggressive, and capable of bluffing/making moves.

There's one EP limper to RHO who raises. I 3-bet with AKo. Everyone folds, including the limper, to RHO who calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

RHO bets. I call.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

RHO bets, I call.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

RHO bets, I call.

Is my play any good? I decided on the flop that I needed to see a showdown unless a couple of scary cards fell. Given that, does anyone like raising the turn and taking a free showdown if I don't improve? I thought about it, but really didn't want to face a 3-bet from something like JJ.

adrianus
07-14-2004, 05:26 AM
play seems good the way you descibe RHO. On the turn you make the descision to continue or not. If you call the turn you have to call the river. Alternative play to fold on the turn cannot be much worse. Even very loose aggressive players make hands sometimes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barry
07-14-2004, 05:55 AM
That guy was the type to bet his AQ post flop in an attempt to get you to fold your AK. But since you have decided to try to get to the river, rather than call him down, I think that a better line would have been to raise the flop, bet the turn or to raise the turn.

He wasn't so loony that he would, bluff 3-bet, so if he raises anywhere, you can fold.

However, there is no shame in folding, and folding on the turn wouldn't be the worst play that you could have made. I know how you felt the other day, AK a bazillion times and you just couldn't hit.

That was how my day was today...

ike
07-14-2004, 06:27 AM
How loose is this guy? If when you're ahead he has a dominated ace or kq I like your line just fine because giving him cheap cards is unlikely to let him draw out and you want him to keep bluffing. Combine that with the fact raising the turn gets you 3bet by alot of hands that you still have 6 outs against and the turn raise is more likely to hurt than help. If he could conceivably have crap like JTs here that has a lot of outs (which also means you're ahead more often), then a turn raise is in order. If he's just a little overaggro not out of control I like your play alot. About a week ago I think Tommy posted something about playing like a little girl being the best plan when your opponents are overaggressive. You wore the skirt well.

lil'
07-14-2004, 08:18 AM
I think you have to call down in heads-up pots with A-K sometimes, and given the board and your description of this player, this seems like a good place for it.

JTG51
07-14-2004, 02:59 PM
He wasn't so loony that he would, bluff 3-bet, so if he raises anywhere, you can fold.

But don't you think he could have 3-bet a hand that I had 6 outs against, making my fold a mistake?

JTG51
07-14-2004, 03:02 PM
How loose is this guy?

It turns out he was very loose, but I didn't know it at the time.

You wore the skirt well.

Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JTG51
07-14-2004, 05:08 PM
He showed JTo and MHWG.