PDA

View Full Version : Mind your own damn business

kyro
07-14-2004, 12:33 AM
PokerStars 5+.50 SNG. I don't feel like copying the hand history, so I'm just going to throw it out here. I'm in 2nd or 3rd place with about T2000.

I'm dealt Jh9h

I call on the button. (Yeah, maybe I should fold here. Chew me out if need be) There's about 4 or 5 who limp in. Flop comes 8hTh6d. Woot, open-ended straight flush draw.

How do you play this? If it's bet to you, call or raise? If it's checked to you, check or bet? What about the turn? Same scenario. If this is too vague to give answers, I'll post the actual hand history tomorrow morning. I just was curious what EV^max would be. Thanks

cferejohn
07-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I think limping with J9s after several limpers is fine. With an open ended straight flush draw, you are probably the favorite to win the hand by the river. I'd play it aggressively on the flop, betting if checked to me, and raising if there is a bet with no other callers.

pokerkai
07-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Blinds? How many left?
lil vague

I would either take a free card or make a small token bet.
I lean towards the small bet. Between 1-2 big blinds depending on the level.

The reasoning being...
1. With your draws, you want a decent sized pot if you hit.
2. By betting now, you can maybe get to the river for free. Checking the flop is just asking for someone to try and steal on the flop if you miss. You dont want to have to call a big bet on the turn.
3. You can weed out any miracle runner runner...like that dry Ace of hearts.

TheCat
07-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Go all in on the flop. You are 73% to hit by the river. If you miss on the turn and face strong betting you have to fold.

ZeeJustin
07-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Why did you make the subject to the post, "mind your own damn business?"

Please don't respond to this by saying, "mind your own damn business" as that would be an awful joke that clearly took too much effort.

stupidsucker
07-14-2004, 04:41 AM
was wondereing the same thing, decided not to bite.. Figured it was to draw attention to his post perhaps.

Drama sells I guess...??

patrick dicaprio
07-14-2004, 08:19 AM
i would push on the flop. you have a great draw and the pot is probably large although you dont say what the blinds were. with small blinds i wouldnt push.

Pat

kyro
07-14-2004, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you make the subject to the post, "mind your own damn business?"

Please don't respond to this by saying, "mind your own damn business" as that would be an awful joke that clearly took too much effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know that the title of the post looks awful. I was pretty tired last night. Basically here's what happened. Oh, and I apologize for being an idiot, but it was a limit tournament, so I guess that changes things. Wow, I messed up this post, thanks for the responses though.

Anyways, I was last to act, there was a bet in front of me, two callers, and I decided to raise for two reasons. I wanted a free card on the turn, but I also had bajillion outs that when I hit, there'd be money in the pot. I didn't hit on the turn, and the guy that originally bet checked. Yay my plan worked. Nope, smooth caller to my right bets this time. It ticked me off. That's the meaning of the title of the post I guess.

Well, I didn't hit on the river. Went from 2nd place to 5th place and was out soon after. I think I played too loose and aggressive following that.

Do you do the same thing? Raise the flop to get the free card? And if it's checked to you on the turn, do you check behind for that free card, or do you bet it out again? Once again, I thank you all for the responses.