PDA

View Full Version : Steal attempt, then what?

spydog
07-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Should I be betting the flop or turn?

How about the river raise? Is this standard?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between Hero, SB and BB.</font>

Nate tha' Great
07-14-2004, 01:40 AM
The SB's check after 3-betting preflop is pretty suspicious, especially on a flop like this one, and usually indicates strength rather than weakness. If you had flopped something like top pair, there would be a valid question as to the best course of action, but with king high ... a bet is throwing money against all but the strangest-playing opponents. There isn't much of a decision on the river - you have to raise.

Schneids
07-14-2004, 05:40 AM
I played in this hand tonight and am perfectly happy with how I played it. I know a few chip slingers would advocate chip slinging at some point in this hand but I believe it really comes down to how out of line you've gotten in the prior 20 minutes. My line should make you guess where I stood on this table /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Schneids 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Schneids checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.50 BB, between Button, Schneids and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Schneids (4.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Schneids shows 8c Ad (high card, ace).
BB shows 8h Kd (high card, king).
Button shows Tc Qd (high card, queen).
Outcome: Schneids wins 4.50 BB. </font>

In summary, I think you played your hand well. Just because you showed the most aggression PF doesn't mean you have to continue to press onward post flop if you miss the flop. Otherwise, I agree with what Nate has to say about this hand of yours.