PDA

View Full Version : Evidence that PP is hitting a new low (silly vapid anecdote)

eastbay
07-13-2004, 11:58 PM
$55 SnG tonight, it comes down to 3-handed, I'm on short-stack, one guy has most of the chips.

He starts bullying in a big way, putting me and the other short stack in every hand. We're good for a few more orbits, so I try to stay patient and keep folding.

I catch TT and call down his K7o, and double up. Next hand, he puts me in and I'm holding A7o. Considering the all-in every hand, I call, he shows K5o and I double through again.

A few rounds later I put him in on KTs, he calls with JTs, and he goes out.

In the chat box I see "you stupid ****, wanna play some more and try to outdraw me again"

You figure it out.

eastbay

ddubois
07-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I pushed from the SB with A7o. BB called with 22, then when I rivered a straight using my 7, he typed a few sentences to the effect: "you are so lucky".

Yeah, I feel really guilty about cracking your 22.

kyro
07-14-2004, 12:27 AM
well, eastbay, your opponent is right obviously. JTs is a favorite over KTs because it can make the nut straight a lot more ways than KTs can. That's why you always throw that trash away preflop.

Hey, PartyPoker's new low. Your new high. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BradleyT
07-14-2004, 12:27 AM
I had A7o re-raise me all in when we had 7 left and I happily called with AA. He too rivered a straight with his 7.

A7o = monster

stupidsucker
07-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Perhaps the new wsop coverage being shown is getting a few more fish to redeposit or create new accounts.

One guy said in chat today "Watching the wsop always makes me play worse"

I believe it. SOoo many dont understand the huge differences in a SnG and a final table of the wsop.

For whatever reason,, thank you.

Hood
07-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Wow, another A7o story from last night. I was down to 5. I had around 10 BB in CO, folded to me, I pushed. Button called (he had around 8 BB). He flipped over T2o. No help on the board for either, I take it down.

"dang just not my night tonight..."

Say it again: a7o = the monster

LSUfan1
07-14-2004, 09:04 AM
This is precisely why I have been so eagerly awaiting the new episodes.

I don't know if you remember, but last year every level at least up to 5/10 was FULL OF FISH!

Can't wait for the main event to air.

Thank you ESPN and WPT!

Cliff

holeplug
07-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I was playing in a stars $3 rebuy yesterday and recieved AA in MP. BB was like 30 and there was a raise before me so I made it 200. Sure enough one guy goes allin and the original raiser calls it as do I. They turn over A3o and A7o and smile knowing I'm going to triple up. But it was not to be as the flop came 77x and I never got my miracle ace. I guess A7o can't lose /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Tosh
07-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Tough to hit your miracle ace when there are none left. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

holeplug
07-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Holeplug's checklist from now on when making a post:

#1 Don't make a post before 10am because I'm still half asleep.

#2 When making a post before 10am, be sure to proof read it because it probably needs it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

kyro
07-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I thought your post was quite sane. Think about it. Had an A come up, that would have been pretty miraculous. /images/graemlins/smile.gif