PDA

View Full Version : can we learn anything from this?

34TheTruth34
07-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Party low limits (either 1/2 or 2/4 don't remember)

I'm on the button with KK. Skip ahead to the turn. I have three opponents and the board is K-J-T-9 rainbow. They check to me and I bet. I get called twice and check-raised by the player last to act. I call and they all call. I'm thinking "pair it up".

River is an offsuit 7, making the board K-J-T-9-7. Now the SB bets out. The EP player calls instantly as does the turn check-raiser. Hmmm...where am I at? I decide that I'm probably wasting four of my hard-earned dollars and call.

SB has T9, which beats EP (hand history reveals that he had AJ???), the turn check-raiser then shows K7o for two pair and I take it down.

Comments?

Kevroc
07-13-2004, 11:58 PM
and if it was me, I wouldve folded the best hand YET AGAIN! and it wouldnt be the last time.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

JohnShaft
07-14-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's a "Party Call".
This hand is an example of why I'm not overestimating the difference between Party and most other sites.

cold_cash
07-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Don't fold in big pots for one bet?

Kevroc
07-14-2004, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fold in big pots for one bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I preach this adage too but, I feel so beat here. Ahhh sweet PartyFish, cant live with em cant live without em!

It's the kind of call where you are staring at your hand saying "DO NOT CLICK CALL, DONT DO IT!". I guess in retrospect it's the proper call but, against multiple opponents I don't like to make crying calls like this. I still cant believe there wasnt a queen out there.

JTG51
07-14-2004, 12:11 AM
can we learn anything from this?

Yeah, but only if we didn't already know that low limit players call way too much and, at least online, make horribly timed bluffs/value bets and raises.

That's a good hand history to save and show off when posters ask if they should value bet their medium strength hands.

34TheTruth34
07-14-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and if it was me, I wouldve folded the best hand YET AGAIN! and it wouldnt be the last time....

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody else pointed out yet that it was probably a bad call.

34TheTruth34
07-14-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still cant believe there wasnt a queen out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

or an 8? I though the SB really played the hand like an oblivious player who had an 8.

The Armchair
07-14-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't think the call on the river is bad at all, and not (only) because of the result.

On the turn, it goes:
SB checks, EP checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB calls, EP calls, <font color="red">MP check-raises</font>, all call.

At this point, neither SB or EP have been active -- they've both been passive. With MP's check-raise, now's the time to get in extra bets. It's unlikely either has a Q, but it's _very_ likely that MP has it.

When the 7 hits, and SB bets, then you have to fear the 8. That he didn't fear MP's Q is unsurprising for these limits. (Similarly, EP could have an 8 -- but he may be better and fears MP's Q.) MP simply calls here? It's a no-brainer raise, as even if he forces you out, he'll get paid off by the others, and one of them may re-raise! What is he afraid of? AQ? He just check-raised! No -- he doesn't have the queen.

I think you're winning often enough here to make a crying call.