PDA

View Full Version : KK, how's this look?

Surfbullet
07-13-2004, 11:05 PM
How'd I do here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP1 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

tiltaholic
07-13-2004, 11:12 PM
I think this looks good.
-t

cold_cash
07-13-2004, 11:13 PM
This looks good.

The only real questionable street I see is the river. There are a lot of opponents who won't raise here without the nuts, (meaning the Ace of clubs), but I think it's player dependent. If he's aggro, I like it; if he's not, I might just call the river raise.

Nice hand though.

huxbux
07-13-2004, 11:27 PM
A complete contrast to the JJ hand you posted. Well played on all streets I think, even the river. I know there's a possibility that CO might be holding the A, but there are players just as likely to reraise with a T thru Q. So long as I have the top two of a flush, I'll 4 bet it.

Sent
07-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Well played, I like the river raise, I think someone with an ace would've capped it.

-Sent

sublime
07-13-2004, 11:42 PM
I like the river raise, I think someone with an ace would've capped it

Really going out on ledge with that statement /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sent
07-13-2004, 11:45 PM
I guess so, but why wouldn't someone? Beats me.

-Sent

Surfbullet
07-13-2004, 11:51 PM
CO shows down Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

Thanks for the input - I've started taking a hard look at my game and wanted to make sure a hand I thought was well-played was actually so. Plus it balances out my ego a bit to know I play some stuff right after that JJ debacle.

Peace,

Dan

sublime
07-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I guess so, but why wouldn't someone? Beats me.

Doesnt matter anyways, If it gets capped you are gonna call.

cold_cash
07-13-2004, 11:54 PM
I think he means that our hero can't know his opponent doesn't have the Ace based solely on the knowledge that said opponent failed to cap the river. (Unless our hero can see into the future, which would be awesome.)

I just read that first sentence and it's a real hum-dinger. It makes perfect sense to me, however - but you guys are on your own.

bdk3clash
07-14-2004, 12:01 AM
First off, this belongs in SS, not micro. (Usually, people mess it up the other way around!)

Also, I really really wish you had stopped the action at your decision after the CO check-raised you on the river.

Anyway, on to the hand. Preflop, flop, and turn are all good.

I would have just called the river check-raise. Without a read (you didn't provide one), I think this means the A/images/graemlins/club.gif enough of the time (more than 1/3 of the time, in this case) to just call down, since 3-betting will trigger a 4-bet from the A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

bdk3clash
07-14-2004, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played, I like the river raise, I think someone with an ace would've capped it.

-Sent

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so being results-oriented here. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Surfbullet
07-14-2004, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, this belongs in SS, not micro. (Usually, people mess it up the other way around!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that...I'll be posting there from now on I guess - I was nervous about posting in SS too early. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I really really wish you had stopped the action at your decision after the CO check-raised you on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I never remember to do - the whole hand seemed relatively straightforward to me, so I just posted it to see if others thought the same thing. I'll work on this in the future, it'll help to prevent results bias.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have just called the river check-raise. Without a read (you didn't provide one), I think this means the A/images/graemlins/club.gif enough of the time (more than 1/3 of the time, in this case) to just call down, since 3-betting will trigger a 4-bet from the A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack, I forgot to mention that CO has been a bit overaggressive - I was 4-tabling when I posted and tried to just post without any bias in my wording, without realizing that the end of the river round of betting was a result of a sorts.

Against an unknown calling down may be better, but there are lots of overaggros at the 2/4 tables I'm at that I think it would be worthwhile to 3-bet here. In this instance this guy seemed to get kind of tricky and I think he was trying to catch me in a value bet when he hit his flush, and likely would have raised with any flush over 6/images/graemlins/club.gif or 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Thanks for the input,

Dan