PDA

View Full Version : Five basic 3/6 hands for review...

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement from fellow 2+2ers on my recent crisis of faith. I'm trying out just playing 3/6 for a while and want comments on these 5 hands. Most of them have been played with more aggression than usual for me (but not all). Feel free to bash away, I can take it.

Hand #1

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: BigBeitzim is MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.16 BB, won by BigBeitzim.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BigBeitzim.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. BigBeitzim wins 6.16 BB. </font>

Hand #2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: BigBeitzim is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, BigBeitzim calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, BigBeitzim calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, BigBeitzim checks.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between BB and BigBeitzim.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (9.16 BB).</font>

BB shows 8s 6h (three of a kind, sixes).
BigBeitzim shows Kd Kh (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 9.16 BB. </font>

Hand #3

Preflop: BigBeitzim is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, SB calls $1 (All-In).

River: (4.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 4.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 3.83 BB, between SB and BigBeitzim.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (3.83 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.83 BB, returned to BigBeitzim.</font>

SB shows 3d 5h (one pair, threes).
BigBeitzim shows Ac Qd (high card, ace).
Outcome: SB wins 3.83 BB. BigBeitzim wins 0.83 BB. </font>

Hand #4

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: BigBeitzim is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BigBeitzim calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigBeitzim bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, won by BigBeitzim.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BigBeitzim.</font>

BigBeitzim shows Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
Outcome: BigBeitzim wins 8.50 BB. </font>

Hand #5

Preflop: BigBeitzim is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BigBeitzim posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, BigBeitzim (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, BigBeitzim calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, BigBeitzim calls, SB folds.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, BigBeitzim folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between UTG and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (11.50 BB).</font>

BB shows 4s 5s (flush, queen high).
UTG shows 3s As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins 11.50 BB. </font>

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi.

Joe Tall
07-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi Bait,

I saw your post last night but was too tired to respond. I think you may get more responses if you posted fewer hands. Also, refrain from posting results.

Hand#1

I have to be confident to knock out the blinds here to raise here and I'd like to be in later position. I know there is a poster and I love dead money as much as the next guy but I don't think open-limping here is all that bad.

You've got some stones for the rest of the hand, I think you got a perfect card to come on the turn to push again.

Hand#2

I play it the same.

Hand#3

With the SB near all-in, take the free card. He surely will not fold and you're not getting much value from a bet.

Hand#4

I need a good read that the CO was on a flat steal to 3-bet but your 3-bet is ok. Following through on the turn is fine once you've picked up your 4-flush.

Hand#5

Plays the same. You could make an arguement to raise the flop but calling is fine.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Bill Smith
07-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Hand 1: I prefer to limp this hand unless I know the blinds are extremely weak.

Hand 2: This is fine.

Hand 3: I love how he SB was clinging to that last $1 in 3/6 poker. Might as well put him all-in.

Hand 4: The 3-bet is okay, but that would be a heck of a read on CO to think you have a better hand here. Rest is fine.

Hand 5: Raise the flop - you have at least 2 people tied to the pot with (let me see if I did my math correctly) a 44% chance of hitting your flush or gutshot on either the turn or river. You're not going anywhere without seeing those cards.

Rico Suave
07-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Hand 1: I fold this preflop.

Hand 2: Looks fine.

Hand 3:Looks fine.

Hand 4: I like a read here before I play this way. I like to know that this player will blind steal or raise lite in that spot and is capable of folding post flop at some point. Also, if you are going to put him to the test on the flop, I would c/r the flop and lead the turn. (This play works well at 3/6 against multi-tablers).

Hand 5: Sometimes I raise the flop, depending on how aggressive/passive my opponents are.

--Rico

sthief09
07-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Hand 1: The preflop raise is very LAGgy, but played well postflop.
Hand 2: I like checking through the river. he's clearly afraid of the flush. I'm sure people will say "value bet" but I think he played this exactly like a 6.
Hand 3: sucks but oh well
Hand 4: I think you overplayed your hand a bit, but he folded, so it worked.
Hand 5: I'd probably throw in a raise on the flop, and take the turn free card if you get it. if not, it's not so bad.