PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever make this laydown?

krishanleong
07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Where great laydown is defined as laying down QQ or KK when only undercards are showing?

I've had KK and QQ under aces a ton of times. Is there any way to get away from this before showdown? Or should you always be showing these down?

For instance say you are in position and 1 opp cap the betting preflop. He leads you raise and he 3-bets and you cap. He leads on turn you raise and he 3-bets again. Can you lay QQ down here? How about KK? At this point do you cap or check and call?

Thanks for your time.

jacki
07-13-2004, 09:47 PM
short answer: NO

bisonbison
07-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Unless the player was maniacal, I think I'd probably call down once he bet into me on the turn.

kgrad5
07-13-2004, 09:52 PM
i folded aces today when the board was 10 J 9 7 with 3 diamonds.. i think that was a pretty good laydown..

SoCalPat
07-13-2004, 09:54 PM
When you cap the flop and he still bets into you on the turn, I would start check-calling there. And you're not ditching QQ or KK for one bet on any street as long as no overcards show up.

If you have KK, there's only one hand that beats you. If you have QQ, that's two. That's not a lot of margin for error if you're wrong, and some will play JJ just as strong vs. an undercard board as well. Chopping isn't out of the question as well.

If you fold QQ or KK ever in this instance, all it takes is one wrong fold to wipe out all the bets you saved when you folded "correctly" against KK or AA. There are far better spots to worry about missed/wasted bets than this one.

SoCalPat
07-13-2004, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i folded aces today when the board was 10 J 9 7 with 3 diamonds.. i think that was a pretty good laydown..

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope there was a lot of action (raises or several overcalls) and you didn't have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Otherwise, I'd say it's a horrible fold.

bisonbison
07-13-2004, 10:05 PM

You should post this hand.

kgrad5
07-13-2004, 10:39 PM
ill see if i find it, might not have been such a good laydown ill let you guys decide

kgrad5
07-13-2004, 10:42 PM
damn, i dont have the hand history and its too late for me to get it sent unless party will send me a hand from before 100 hands ago.. i raised preflop got 5 callers, board came 9 10 j, 2 diamonds, i bet, flat called by 3 people, turn brought the 7 of diamonds i bet, got raised came back to me 3 bet i believe and i folded

edit: my hand did not contain the A of diamonds