View Full Version : Call this all in?

NoTalent
07-13-2004, 06:19 PM
$20 Single table tourney at UB (6-max)

Stacks
Button: ~1000
SB(me): ~3500
BB: ~1500

It has been 3 handed for a while, and the blinds are 100-200 later in the game. 2 times prior to this I had called in the SB and the BB went all in and I folded. This hand I had KQo and bet pot. Again the BB pushes all in. I folded... Is this a weak play with the blinds at the level they are?

3 orbits later he did it again, I had AQo and he pushes all in. I call and he turns over a PP and I don't improve. (I think it was Tens or Jacks).

1) Is KQo a hand to call with?
2) Should I have pushed first? Was I playing too timid?

Regards,
NoTalent

TomCollins
07-13-2004, 06:50 PM
You bet the pot, so this means you put raise it 400 to 600. (I think). The BB pushes for 900 more. So the pot is 2100, and you are getting 7-3 on this call with KQ and he has been making this move a lot. I think you have to call.

Playing with 5-10BB per player makes this stage of the tournament a crap shoot, and KQ is worth a shot here.

stupidsucker
07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
You have the chip lead.
Its 3 handed.

KQo for gods sake push!(and yes call the reraise, but never put yourself in this position)
BTW how can you bet the pot? Did you min raise? I am not familiar with UB so dunno if their are antes. anyways reguardless, push it.

AQo call.

You have to be aggressive and go for almost every blind steal with decent hands.

NoTalent
07-13-2004, 07:39 PM
My thinking was I didn't want to get tangled up with someone esle and lose a significant portion of my stack this late. I played like a wuss and got taken advantage of.

At UB there is a button that says 'bet pot' in PL/NL play. If there is X chips in the pot, you can raise it X chips.

So in my case, I was in the SB so there was 300TC in the pot, and I raised it another 300TC.

Thanks for the responses.

Tom--I'm in Austin as well. Do play mostly online or do you play in home games around Austin?

Regards,
NoTalent

pokerkai
07-13-2004, 09:23 PM
I think your being a bit timid. I would be raising more then the bet pot button.

I dont like calling with KQ generally, but if you have a read on the guy and if he has been doing this fairly often
then i think your pretty safe in calling here.

stupidsucker
07-13-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was I didn't want to get tangled up with someone esle and lose a significant portion of my stack this late. I played like a wuss and got taken advantage of.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just one reason why pushing works so well. Too many people think like this.

TomCollins
07-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't play too much around town. I tend to play higher limits online, and most games I know are considerably smaller. There is a 10/20 game I play in occasionally. I know of a small PL game, and many micro limit games. PM me if you are interested at all. I might start a game next year sometime.

NoTalent
07-14-2004, 04:45 PM
hehe, way over my limits man /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm thinking of moving UP to the 1/2 3/6 tables! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've got a lot to learn.