PDA

View Full Version : I guess I over bet this?

maddo
07-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi. How could I have got the maximum from this hand? I bet the pot size after being checked to so that maybe it looked like a steal, and maybe I would get some action from weaker aces. But I guess a 3xBB raise from MP normally signals a big ace? How should I have played it?

Cheers.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed)

MP2 (t1075)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t825)
Button (t2065)
SB (t1790)
BB (t710)
UTG (t550)
UTG+1 (t540)
Hero (t1645)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t30, Hero raises to t90, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t60, UTG+1 calls t60.

Flop: (t285) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t285, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: t570

Jurollo
07-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I would have raised a hair more preflop. Then the flop bet is ok, better to not slowplay here and take it down.

BrettK
07-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I like the pot bet. It's a board with flush and straight draws, so I would take it down immediately as well.

Brett

stupidsucker
07-13-2004, 04:41 PM
I think a pot bet is almost always the right choice. In this case I might actualy do a half pot bet.

If the club does come next and he does have the flush its not the nut flush draw, and now he has a flush and you have the nut draw. A half pot bet might get a caller from KQ or an inside broadway draw, in which you push on the turn if nothing too scary comes.

BUT

All this is too fancy for SnGs and I like a general pot size bet unless I am on the draw myself. Nothing to be ashamed of taking the pot down with TPTK. A check is just retarded, and there is a good chance he folds to almost any bet worth it.

edit: My preflop bet probably would have been in the neighborhood of 125-150.