PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this call?

Ric
07-13-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm mostly concerned with the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, Button folds.

deacsoft
07-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Will you have the best hand here after making this call 20% of the time?

Zetack
07-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Its not horrible but I think you're beat. What does the Sb three bet with that he doesn't bet the flop or turn that you still beat? I like him for jacks or queens, but if he's just taking a stab at the pot I suppose it's possible you beat him. I think in this hand you either have to decide you'er done with it on the flop, or you have to bet the turn.

--Zetack

Chris Daddy Cool
07-13-2004, 04:15 PM
If while during this hand you ever considered calling the river, I would have bet the turn to take it down there or take the free showdown.

What is he three-betting you with preflop that can't beat the nut-no pair here?

Ric
07-13-2004, 08:16 PM
The turn check was what got me. The more I think about it, the fewer reasonable hands he may have that I tie or beat, which is like KQ and maybe KJ or QJ, but that's if the guy is crazy. Anyway, he had (in white) <font color="white">AK, and I was dead after the flop.</font>